• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Harris XG-100P Programming

danc107

Premium Subscriber
Good evening all, Im in the market of purchasing a xg-100p. Where can I find the programming software at?

Asunakiyori

Lurker
either google for a harris dealer or find a friend that has the same radio, RPM R14C05(14.3.5.0) is the one I use for my 100P I think you can use RPM2 and that's similar to the APX cps feel from the images I've seen

KJ4DHF

Hello All,

I am having trouble getting my XG-100P to to do P25 to my hotspot. I get no response from my Hot Spot when I key my XG.

While I am setting on my TG channel with my XG I get a lot of what sounds like digital noise and some broken words of the station talking. The radio seems to work just fine simplex to simplex radio P25. Have I missed a setting in my setup file or is it a problem within the XG. Will be glad to email my Mission Plan or post it on google drive if someone wants to take a look.

Newbie member so I do not have DM privileges.

1723306468410.png
1723306590562.png

Last edited:

KJ4DHF

Well we found the problem between the radio and hot spot 1.9khz difference between radio frequency and the hot spot frequency. Radio is off frequency so going to try the tune TCXO from maintenance manual soon if that does not work try and find a way to have it serviced.

DeoVindice

P25 Underground
If the issue persists after having the radio aligned, don't forget that the hotspot can be tuned from its web GUI. Try to get the BER down below 1%.

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
Well we found the problem between the radio and hot spot 1.9khz difference between radio frequency and the hot spot frequency. Radio is off frequency so going to try the tune TCXO from maintenance manual soon if that does not work try and find a way to have it serviced.
That would cause problems you described. After you load the maintenance mission plan described in the manual, all you have to do is tweak the highest 800MHz frequency in spec and the rest of the radio will be fine.

KJ4DHF

prcguy,

Thanks You for the tip's. Yes would like to get the XG as close as possible. With my XTS with new tune last year it is working good so would like to get it close enough that either the XTS or the XG will work with hot spot at same time.

Deovindice,

Yes sir adjusted the hotspot so XG would work with it and my XTS would not. The XTS has a fresh tune on it so I am hoping that we can get the XG and XTS close enough both will work with the hotspot with have to keep retuning the hotspot.

Thank You both for your input.

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
prcguy,

Thanks You for the tip's. Yes would like to get the XG as close as possible. With my XTS with new tune last year it is working good so would like to get it close enough that either the XTS or the XG will work with hot spot at same time.

Deovindice,

Yes sir adjusted the hotspot so XG would work with it and my XTS would not. The XTS has a fresh tune on it so I am hoping that we can get the XG and XTS close enough both will work with the hotspot with have to keep retuning the hotspot.

Thank You both for your input.
Hopefully you can line someone up with a service monitor or frequency counter locked to a GPSDO. Once you set an XG-100P on freq it lasts long time GI!

KJ4DHF

Hello All,

After running the TCXO tune I have got it working with my hot spot. It will be going out soon for full alignment.

Now my next question. When the radio Rx a P25C signal from my hot spot I get a beep tone then audio. How do I turn that alert beep off. All in the RPM I see Alert tones with a check mark but I cannot locate how to un tick the alert tones.

Thank You
Tim

Last edited:

CanesFan95

Analog already is interoperable.
Just out of curiosity, where are you sending it for the alignment?

KJ4DHF

Just out of curiosity, where are you sending it for the alignment?
I reached out to my local Harris dealer to see if they can do it or recommend a shop that can do it for me. So waiting to hear from them.Until I can get it to a Harris Dealer if that will happen, a friend with a service monitor will do all he can to align it for me. He does not have the audio test box or cables for Harris. All he has is the eq to do Big M radio's.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I reached out to my local Harris dealer to see if they can do it or recommend a shop that can do it for me. So waiting to hear from them.Until I can get it to a Harris Dealer if that will happen, a friend with a service monitor will do all he can to align it for me. He does not have the audio test box or cables for Harris. All he has is the eq to do Big M radio's.
The only way they were properly aligned was at the factory service center and reports were all the test jigs were destroyed. IE no longer available.

KJ4DHF

Hello All,

After running the TCXO tune I have got it working with my hot spot. It will be going out soon for full alignment.

Now my next question. When the radio Rx a P25C signal from my hot spot I get a beep tone then audio. How do I turn that alert beep off. All in the RPM I see Alert tones with a check mark but I cannot locate how to un tick the alert tones.

Thank You
Tim
After hours of reading on the net , the RPM help menu's I found this post relating to the XG-100P.
1723417508827.png

How and where in RPM do add add a PL tone in a P25 conventional channel. I know I went to the channel edit screen on the radio put in a RX Channel Guard:CDCSS
RX Code:23
P25 Squelch : Monitor

I would not think on P25 you would need a PL tone.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tim

TDR-94

A full alignment of the XG-100P is not possible without the factory L3HARRIS test jig. Any "dealer" who claims that they can fully align the radio is full of it.They don't have the test jig required to perform the task.