• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HARRIS XG100P PROGRAMMING P25 PHASE 2 NEW YORK SUFFOLK COUNTY POLICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppostewart

Premium Subscriber
Hello I’m trying program a Harris XG100P on Suffolk County Police in New York which is simulcast on Motorola type II Smart zone and are switching over to Project 25 phase 2.

I understand that the Harris XG100P will not do Analog so it will not work on the older system.

I’m asking anyone who knows how to program the Harris XG100P on this system or knows any why to receive this system on the XG100P.

The radio features include Phase 2 as well as trunking, P25 conventional, 7-800,des-cfb, 50,Bluetooth,uhf,vhf, encryption.

The radio software is: 12082-8900- XLPRO6G03

RF HW: 12082-2010-07 R11

DIGITAL HW: 12082-4100-06 R13

AES: NONE

DES: NONE

THIS WAS ON THE RADIO REFERANCE SITE JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW.

This system is directly linked with the Motorola Type II SmartZone 3D0C system via SmartX converters. The talkgroup IDs are identical on both systems, although you have to look at the hexadecimal values to see the matchup (alternately, you can multiply the P25 TGID decimal value by 16 to get the Type II TGID, or divide the Type II TGID by 16 to get the P25 TGID). If a subscriber radio is affiliated with a talkgroup on the P25 system, the same traffic will be heard on that talkgroup across both systems.Likewise, if no subscriber radios are affiliated with a particular talkgroup on the P25 system, then traffic will only be heard on the Type II system. In that sense please consider the P25 system to be "part time" as the county continues the buildout of the new system and more subscribers are migrated over time.

merlin

If you are going to re-program for the P25/II, you do have analog capability with conventional sets.
The radio will do it and P25/II has that option.

ppostewart

Premium Subscriber
If you are going to re-program for the P25/II, you do have analog capability with conventional sets.
The radio will do it and P25/II has that option.
The real problem is I live in Florida but my buddy lives in NY and I have tried everything to program this radio and we have shipped it back and forth and he says he hears nothing ?

im sure if I had someone who knows how to program this radio I could beg him to email me a mission plan that works.
But I don’t know anyone and I thought this radio does not do Analog trunking?
Anyone who ha programmed SCPD in this radio I’m begging for help!

Hey thank you for posting I’m lost as far as getting it to work and it’s gotten very expensive shipping it back and forth!

thanks John Stewart

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
The XG-100P does not support Analog trunking (e.g. 3600 baud APCO-16/Motorola Type II).

If the radio is receiving the control channel, but not voice traffic, check your IDEN sets. I sincerely hope you understand the intricacies of programming Non-Affiliate Scan on the XG-100P; otherwise your friend will end up with a very expensive paper weight if it tries to affiliate.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Did you ever figure out if you could do this with Harris radio? Also trying to scan SCPD?

The Harris XG-100P when programmed appropriately for non-affiliate scan does passively monitor the Suffolk P25 system well.

ppostewart

Premium Subscriber
The Harris XG-100P when programmed appropriately for non-affiliate scan does passively monitor the Suffolk P25 system well.
I have tried to program it a few times but my buddy in NY said he can’t hear anything? Anyway you could attach a working mission plan cause I have spent over a hundred dollars shipping it back and forth with no luck.

apco25

Batlabs OG
Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica
As long as the radios have Phase 2 they will work. Xg75, XG100 and others.

P7200 is ancient. Most don't support phase 2.

I'd highly suggest you simply purchase an Uniden SDS100 or 200 as these are excellent Phase 2 scanners before you cause a mess for yourself with the XG100P. While these radios will passively monitor Phase 1 and 2 systems you MUST understand how to configure them.

ppostewart

Premium Subscriber

I'd highly suggest you simply purchase an Uniden SDS100 or 200 as these are excellent Phase 2 scanners before you cause a mess for yourself with the XG100P. While these radios will passively monitor Phase 1 and 2 systems you MUST understand how to configure them.
Yes I agree and I have no problem programming it for Florida P 25 phase 2 it’s only Suffolk County and it’s my friends Radio and I he says he hears nothing. I was hoping somebody on here who lives may be in Suffolk County can figure out or have a code plug or a mission plan that works that maybe I could look at and program his radio and be done with it as for myself I bought a unification G5 which I couldn’t program from Radio reference very easily it’s easier to carry and does everything that I needed to do so if anybody has a code plug or a mission plan that they could let me look at I’d really appreciate it and thank everybody for their help.

Seanm214

What do you mean by passively monitor?

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I have tried to program it a few times but my buddy in NY said he can’t hear anything? Anyway you could attach a working mission plan cause I have spent over a hundred dollars shipping it back and forth with no luck.
Does the radio show CC Scan even though he is in range of the system?

ppostewart

Premium Subscriber
He is a ham but he is not that sharp to tell me much I also asked him if he heard anything on the NYPD channels I put in and he said he hasn’t tried to listen to those channels I’m still waiting to find out if he’s ever tried him I’m just at my wits end because all the Florida P 25 phase 2 and phase 1 worked perfectly so I don’t understand why he is not hearing anything absolutely makes no sense to me. I was hoping to find someone on here who either really knows how to program the Suffolk County police and could show me the code plug or mission plan rather to see if I can match it up with the ones that are in my computer.

apco25

Batlabs OG
Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica
IDEN table is probably wrong.

I don't know why people without the knowledge try to get these high end radios going, when literal turn key solutions exist, I.e Unication or Uniden products.

Before someone says "it works better than a scanner" obviously hasn't tried the SDS100 or 200. They match the performance of any Phase 1 or 2 LMR radio now and frankly don't make the effort setting up non affiliate scan radios worth it anymore.

He is a ham but he is not that sharp to tell me much I also asked him if he heard anything on the NYPD channels I put in and he said he hasn’t tried to listen to those channels I’m still waiting to find out if he’s ever tried him I’m just at my wits end because all the Florida P 25 phase 2 and phase 1 worked perfectly so I don’t understand why he is not hearing anything absolutely makes no sense to me. I was hoping to find someone on here who either really knows how to program the Suffolk County police and could show me the code plug or mission plan rather to see if I can match it up with the ones that are in my computer.

K2NEC

Does the radio say "CC SCAN"? If your friend doesn't know what that is, he probably shouldn't have the radio.
If it does, it means the radio isn't hearing the control channel.
If it doesn't, it means the system isn't active.

Have you considered that the Phase 2 system might not be patched over completely yet?

If it's not one of the above mentioned things,
-Check IDEN set
-Check the Band hunt values
-Check WACN and System ID
-Check if linear simulcast is enabled or not

ppostewart

Premium Subscriber
Hey would you mind if I sent you my mission plan to take a look at it. I'm no expert and I'm asking for help. I can send it to your email if you say its ok.

K2NEC

Hey would you mind if I sent you my mission plan to take a look at it. I'm no expert and I'm asking for help. I can send it to your email if you say its ok.
Sure, PM me
But if it is something like the IDEN set then there isnt much I can do. Either it will be in the notes of the system on RR or someone local with a scanner or SDR will need to get the values.

ppostewart

Premium Subscriber

I don't know why people without the knowledge try to get these high end radios going, when literal turn key solutions exist, I.e Unication or Uniden products.

Before someone says "it works better than a scanner" obviously hasn't tried the SDS100 or 200. They match the performance of any Phase 1 or 2 LMR radio now and frankly don't make the effort setting up non affiliate scan radios worth it anymore.

Sure, PM me
But if it is something like the IDEN set then there isnt much I can do. Either it will be in the notes of the system on RR or someone local with a scanner or SDR will need to get the values.
I don't know how to PM you? kb2wvy@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.