• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Harris XG75 KFD Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had any luck keyloading an XG75 or similar with the KFD tool? Also, does anyone have a schematic or pinout for a hirose keyloading adaptor to UDC? I figure the standard audio hirose adapter for the XG series will not work. If anyone knows or has experience with this, let me know. Thanks!

prcguy

Not sure what cable the XG75 uses but I'm able to keyload XG-100s just fine with KFD.

Has anyone had any luck keyloading an XG75 or similar with the KFD tool? Also, does anyone have a schematic or pinout for a hirose keyloading adaptor to UDC? I figure the standard audio hirose adapter for the XG series will not work. If anyone knows or has experience with this, let me know. Thanks!

snoopyII

I've Keyloaded XG75M's with no problems as well with KFD. The part # for the mobiles is 14200-0143-10. The part # for the portable is 14002-0143-01. I haven't personally seen the latter, but I suspect it has the same inline converter box as the mobile just with the UDC connector, not the 44 pin. Be prepared to drop about $250 on it. The cable itself must be modified to plug into the KFD. I had looked into this project once as well, and I do believe you are correct as a standard audio adapter won't work as-is. I have the pinout somewhere, just cant seem to find it.

Jace1986

I have zero issues keyloading my XG-100P and M with my KFDtool. I reached out to the maker of the KFD tool on the github and he custom made me the two cables for a fee. I have also keyloaded my XTS2500’s with zero issues for what it’s worth..

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
I have zero issues keyloading my XG-100P and M with my KFDtool. I reached out to the maker of the KFD tool on the github and he custom made me the two cables for a fee. I have also keyloaded my XTS2500’s with zero issues for what it’s worth..
Yes I have no problem whatsoever with Motorola products. No documents whatsoever on the XG75.

Status
Not open for further replies.