Harrison County- Harris 800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I could not locate the information via search here.

Is this control channel I'm seeing on 852.9875, which is FCC licensed to HC, the start of their new system?

It's still showing all the earmarks of a default Harris system, i.e. 00A for a sysid, 0000A as the WACN, etc. I've also been running Pro96Com on it since Friday afternoon and not seen any activity, be it traffic or even affiliations.

Thanks

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
And I thought the Washington sub-forum had been apathetic.
Patience. MS is slow in activity. It used to drive me nuts trying to get, much less verify info. It's like only 20 folks State wide have scanners, 3 of them on here, and one that will be active.

Technoguy58

That system (??) has been on the air for at least 2, maybe 3 years and no body has ever heard anything on it. A few years ago, I mentioned it because I thought it was the start of a new buildout of H.C.'s new P25 system however another listener that used to frequent R.R. mentioned that he had been monitoring it for at least a year never heard a peep. Don't know exactly what it is. H.C. does not appear to be in any hurry to ditch their EDACS system. There are several active radio monitors on the coast. Right now, we are expecting some changes to Jackson county as they want to upgrade to a P25 system on MSWIN but have money issues.

scanphreak

yeah what technoguy58 said, it's been sitting there unused for at least 3 years, maybe even longer. It's got good coverage but I've never heard anything on it, no talkgroups ever popped up. Every once in awhile I'll sit on it in control channel mode in search, but nothing comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.