Harrison County

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteddy64

Since you're over in BSL, have you tried taking the SDS100 in the car for a trip east into gulfport at least? See if the audio gets better. I saw your signal strength and it looked okay to me. But I see what you're saying. I don't have those issues over in Jackson County. But I'm probably 8 air miles from one of the towers. You might be on the fringe of it. How about trying an outside antenna, or maybe a directional antenna like a small 5 element 800 mhz yagi?
I am using the Larsen tri-band scanner antenna, NMO mount on a groundplane ate about 12 feet. Signal strength seems good, the analog stuff from that system is fine, just the ProVoice seems to be giving me trouble.

scanphreak

They are going be be switching over to MSWIN so I'm told...probably sooner rather than later.

Be safe
where's your proof of this statement? show me an official article or document saying that harrison county was giving up their edacs system for MSWIN? Why would they? They spent millions on it, the support from harris is there. they keep upgrading their radios. No one has made any effort to move to P25 in harrison county.

scanphreak

I am using the Larsen tri-band scanner antenna, NMO mount on a ground plane ate about 12 feet. Signal strength seems good, the analog stuff from that system is fine, just the ProVoice seems to be giving me trouble.
Ok well yeah. I saw your signal strength looked adequate, and since you're using an antenna outside 12 feet up should be good enough. There must be something off on the setting. Have you gone into the uniden tavern and asked if anyone else with the sds100 is having that issue with provoice? What about MSWIN how does that sound? Are you monitoring hancock/bsl/waveland law enforcement?

In program mode in your system for harrison do you have the mode set to FM , NFM, DFM??? I'm reading some posts where people who had it set to FM got all kinds of errors. And DFM is supposed to be for Provoice. But others said they used NFM.

fasteddy64

I am new here so I don’t know anything about this EDACS system. When was it put in? Who was the vendor? Who is supporting it?

I just moved from a city where we ran an EDACS system, purchased from Dailey-Wells in 2005 for $16 million. Loved the system, it performed flawlessly but was upgraded in 2020 to P25 phase II. EDACS is supposedly far beyond “end of life” now and support will more and more difficult over time.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
To find data on the upgrade, read the MWCC minutes. That is the definitive radio info source for anything upgrading or changing or new in MS., You have to go through the MWCC to get r done. EDACS has been disconned for a few years now, and support is beginning to phase out rather quickly. They will either be upgrading to an Harris P25 ip, or joining the MSWIN, and sooner than later. Just pray to God they are smarter than City of Jackson was in its upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

fasteddy64

To find data on the upgrade, read the MWCC minutes. That is the definitive radio info source for anything upgrading or changing or new in MS., You have to go through the MWCC to get r done. EDACS has been disconned for a few years now, and support is beginning to phase out rather quickly. They will either be upgrading to an Harris P25 ip, or joining the MSWIN, and sooner than later. Just pray to God they are smarter than City of Jackson was in its upgrade.
What are the MWCC minutes?
Where are the MWCC minutes?
I’m really not looking for all of the minutia on this system, just for a couple of quick answers in anyone knows.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Mississippi Wireless Communication Commission. They meet monthly at MDOT HQ. Any telecommunications issues go through them. The next month the minutes of the meeting is published. Anyone joining MSWIN has to go through them. Want to upgrade you dying old EDACS.. MWCC. Want to build a new system for your FD? Got deal with them.want to convert your old EDACS to an new MSWIN site? Again MWCC. Want to link your system to MSWIN for an event.. etc etc. Will post link in a sec.

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
where's your proof of this statement? show me an official article or document saying that harrison county was giving up their edacs system for MSWIN? Why would they? They spent millions on it, the support from harris is there. they keep upgrading their radios. No one has made any effort to move to P25 in harrison county.

I'm not going to reply on open forum. Have good day

fasteddy64

It’s a shame really. The EDACS system we had back in Texas was awesome. Flawless performance from it and the Harris radios. The vendor made us a good deal on the upgrade to Phase 2 so we pulled the trigger and made the switch.
I guess all good things must come to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.