Hart County Ga going digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
Update on Hart Co. I've spent a while listening and scanning through the frequency ranges using an SDR, HDSDR software, and DSDPlus. So far I have discovered two of the four frequencies licensed. I haven't found any traffic in the other ranges yet. These so far are 152.125 and 152.625. Hart County uses a Capacity Plus system with Basic Privacy encryption based on DSDPlus. Hart County Fire is on TG155 and seems to be unencrypted because I was able to hear clear audio on my computer that matched the analog rebroadcast. Hart County SO is on TG158 and is encrypted. I have seen TG170 pop up a few times but I haven't heard audio on analog or the computer. I have also discovered a new Connect Plus system with 4 sites and a system ID of 240. A RR database search shows another TRBO system with the same ID number but it is in another band and across the country. Listening to the audio I am unable to tell who it is but it could possibly be Elbert because some of the frequencies are in their licensed range. These frequencies are listed by site number. These are all I have so far but due to the distance I won't be able to pick all of them up. Site 1 152.0825. Site 3 152.150, 152.630, 152.030,151.5375. Hopefully these are good enough to give someone a start that is close enough to pick them up better than I can. Hart EMC also uses DMR but they are using the frequencies as conventional on TG2000 and CC1. If there is interest for those frequencies to be in the database then I can do the license digging and check them with DSD.

Reactions: RRR

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Connect+ System 240 is Blue Ridge Electric Coop in Oconee&Pickens Counties in SC. That would be an interesting system to listen to now in the aftermath of the tornadoes that passed through there a few days ago.

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
Just listened to it for a while and it was interesting. A lot of traffic on it as well as the Hart EMC channels. Does anyone have a link to a Capacity Plus system that's similar to Hart County in the database? I'm getting ready to send in the system info but want to make sure I have everything but I can't find a Cap+ system.
Connect+ System 240 is Blue Ridge Electric Coop in Oconee&Pickens Counties in SC. That would be an interesting system to listen to now in the aftermath of the tornadoes that passed through there a few days ago.

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
Guess I was wrong, the analog frequencies are still in use.
I believe they have the ability to turn the simulcast off when needed. Last week there were planned protests and I didn't hear any traffic until the next day. Considering what has been happening in other areas, this was pretty smart. Also it seems that they have an encrypted tac talkgroup that dispatch can work off of. I have noticed that EMS is using enhanced privacy encryption and is not being rebroadcasted.

N4DJC

I believe they have the ability to turn the simulcast off when needed. Last week there were planned protests and I didn't hear any traffic until the next day. Considering what has been happening in other areas, this was pretty smart. Also it seems that they have an encrypted tac talkgroup that dispatch can work off of. I have noticed that EMS is using enhanced privacy encryption and is not being rebroadcasted.

I kept an ear out but didn’t hear much. I’m at least 25 miles from the tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.