Hartford Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner404

Feed Provider
Has anyone noticed over the past couple of days that the city of Hartford's 154.310 fire repeater channel has been making a really annoying "beep, beep, beep" noise every 5 seconds? What is that all about? I'm pretty sure that it isn't the FCC identification tones that go out every 1/2 hr or so, cause it goes off constantly now and never use to do that before. It just makes it annoying to listen to my scanner.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Is it the same "beeping" you hear when you listen to an EDACS voice channel, conventionally? (Meaning not in trunked mode)

garys

Premium Subscriber
It might be that the system is running on back up power, which would explain the beeps and lower RF output. That's just a guess.

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you monitor the channel without PL, it is always transmitting (not just when HFD is). Likely is an alarm of sorts although a power failure would likely have killed a battery by now. Regardless of why, it seems to me that it interrupts traffic too much to be of value in a normal system.
It is also possible, but I think not likely, that it is not HFD. If that is the case, it might be harder to track.

chris

scanner404

Feed Provider
Yeah; I'm guessing there is something wrong with their repeater; it trans-mites those annoying beep tones, even when the dispatcher is talking. I just hope they fix it soon. Also, it sounds too clear to be anywhere else but Hartford. Interestingly enough though, I sometimes pick-up Berkshire County Fire Disp. from Massachusetts on that frequency; It comes in very scratchy/faintly, but I can hear almost everything they're saying. Probably, because I live near the state line.

bluefox2163

i thought there was something wrong with my scanner at first cause thier transmmisson kept on cutting off then those beeps..

Rob_K

Feed Provider
I believe the low RF output was noticed when they updated the radio with a narrowband compliant model. (Voices also sounded much different after the swap)

and the beeps should be gone. From another forum....

It has been corrected, and the pd talk group removed as someone Icalled it and that was the beeps, all repeaired @ 1130 12/12/11

bobmich52

Yes It Is Hartford Fire No doubt, I Live Close Enough To Monitor Both systems 154/800 mhz

Have Been Hearing The Same Thing On The 154.31 repeater.

I Thought My HP 1 Was Gonna Blow Up when I Heard The Noise

When HFD Calls Came Over The 800mhz System, No Annoying Sound At all

scanner404

Feed Provider
Thanks for your feed-back everyone; I'm guessing they fixed it because it sounds better than ever now with no beeps and clear voices. Nice to know I wasn't the only one hearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.