Hartford Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I just noticed that HFD has conventional 800 MHz repeater and conventional frequencies listed. Are they or did they go off the HARTLink TRS system?

SVFC462

Feed Provider
Fire Dept is working on moving off the trunk system. The system is failing and the equipment is no longer supported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w1haf

Wow! I guess that’s what happens when you don’t maintain your system and keep upgrading when needed. I guess the must not have had a maintenance contract!

ecps92

???

EDACS went EOL in 2017, nothing to do with system maint, EOL requires the entire government process [RFQ, RFR, RFP etc] to build out a entire new system
Wow! I guess that’s what happens when you don’t maintain your system and keep upgrading when needed. I guess the must not have had a maintenance contract!

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Fire Dept is working on moving off the trunk system. The system is failing and the equipment is no longer supported.

How far can you hear it and are they still going to simulcast / broadcast over 154.31 still?

matt04

Premium Subscriber
How far can you hear it and are they still going to simulcast / broadcast over 154.31 still?
The 154.31 is still active and can be heard as far as north as East Windsor with a exterior antenna. I have not tried it any farther or with a different antenna setup, but I suspect you might get a little more range but not much.

It booms into Middletown on 154.31. I believe they have an antenna on the HIG building. At least they used to.

I remember before the trunked setup they used the 800 frequencies for undercover operations.

PD was on 460 with North, South, and Records.

Last edited:

matt04

Premium Subscriber
It booms into Middletown on 154.31. I believe they have an antenna on the HIG building. At least they used to.

I remember before the trunked setup they used the 800 frequencies for undercover operations.

PD was on 460 with North, South, and Records.

According the ULS, they have a transmitter at Hartford Police HQ and Mount Sinai Rehab Hospital.

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
there radio shop guys have kept that system together for years. they even go out and buy old systems for parts. 154.310 is good to about exit 9 on rt 9

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
On a good day I can get HFD on 154.31 on the Hilltop in Ansonia, providing Stratford doesn't transmit.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
there radio shop guys have kept that system together for years. they even go out and buy old systems for parts. 154.310 is good to about exit 9 on rt 9

It’s quite common for agencies to maintain old, outdated, no longer supported systems. Usually because of budgetary reasons. That doesn’t necessarily mean the system is poorly maintained. In the case of Hartford, you may be correct, I have no knowledge of their maintenance program. I’m just saying an older system such as Hartford’s are usually worked until they no longer can find parts-any parts, new or used, I’d be more inclined to blame the administrators of the system for not budgeting replacement needs down the road... and if they did do their due diligence, I would blame the city officials for removing any funding for future replacement needs.

wesct

It’s quite common for agencies to maintain old, outdated, no longer supported systems. Usually because of budgetary reasons. That doesn’t necessarily mean the system is poorly maintained. In the case of Hartford, you may be correct, I have no knowledge of their maintenance program. I’m just saying an older system such as Hartford’s are usually worked until they no longer can find parts-any parts, new or used, I’d be more inclined to blame the administrators of the system for not budgeting replacement needs down the road... and if they did do their due diligence, I would blame the city officials for removing any funding for future replacement needs.

Ask Alarmroom, he could tell you whats going on....

Status
Not open for further replies.