Hartford Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windsor

Does anyone have the information for the City of Hartford including PD, EMS, FD, etc. I have both a SDS200 and a BC796D and I am NOT getting any transmissions. I live in Windsor which is less than 10 miles from Hartford. Any information is appreciated.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Hit manual/Hold and scroll to 854.0125. That is the control channel for Hartlink as of now. Perhaps it is locked out?
You should be able to hear the FD on the P25 conventional channels that the trunk system is patched to.

chris

Windsor

OK here are my answers for the above suggestions, NO, 854.0125 is NOT in L/O and neither are any of the other Hartford frequencies. However, I noticed that CG refers to P25. The RR data base and my scanner are set for EDACS. The RR database was last updated in October 2018. Are the PD and FD on different systems, etc.?

cg

Premium Subscriber
As I mentioned, the P25 conventional channels are patched to the trunked system. They are in the database. For now, the Hartac trunked system is EDACS.
There is nothing wrong with the system I am listening to the EDACS groups for PD & FD as I type, so it is very likely your programming or other scanner settings.
Easiest thing would be to dump your file into the scanner again.

chris

a417

Did you used to get them, and lost them...or never could? I can think of some places off 159 or Rainbow Rd that would have issues getting into Htfd's system unless you had a good antennae system.

Windsor

Hi a417 - Yes, I had a BC780xlt that received many of the Hartford frequencies. I use ProScan software and the log shows many dates in December and early January until I stopped using it. I switched over to the SDS200 and the BC796 in mid January. The SDS200 I can not program myself (or don't know how). I need to use the BCDx36HP_Sentinel software and download the weekly update from Uniden. I checked all the setting in ProScan for the BC796D and compared them to the 780xlt. All scanners are using the antennas that plug in the scanner back and come with the scanner. NONE are outside. I live off Poquonock Ave near the highway. Since I got them on the 780, I assumed I should get them on the other scanners.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
Hi a417 - Yes, I had a BC780xlt that received many of the Hartford frequencies. I use ProScan software and the log shows many dates in December and early January until I stopped using it. I switched over to the SDS200 and the BC796 in mid January. The SDS200 I can not program myself (or don't know how). I need to use the BCDx36HP_Sentinel software and download the weekly update from Uniden. I checked all the setting in ProScan for the BC796D and compared them to the 780xlt. All scanners are using the antennas that plug in the scanner back and come with the scanner. NONE are outside. I live off Poquonock Ave near the highway. Since I got them on the 780, I assumed I should get them on the other scanners.

I monitor the 800 P-25 MHZ on one radio. Then I monitor the EDACs on a bcd996P2 and a SDS 100

a417

My 780XLT was one of the hottest recievers I ever had still use, I used to pick up the Htfd EDACS everywhere. I don't think the newer models that are being pumped out are anywhere nearly as good in the front end, IMO.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
sds-200 Hartford works fine from Bloomfield. also SDS-100 just used default sofware and Proscan also. Works fine.

SVFC462

Feed Provider
i am not sure if the OP was answered fully or not. Listeners currently have three ways (that live close enough to the city) to monitor the City of Hartford systems. All options below work fine on all of my scanners and radios

FIRE
- VHF simulcast : 154.3100 PL 167.9 (use PL otherwise you can catch Berkshire County Dispatch [Western Mass])
- 800 P25 Repeaters : see RR database listing
- EDACS Trunk System : see RR database listing

Police (to my knowledge & ears)
- EDACS Trunk System : see RR database

garys

Premium Subscriber
I drove through Hartford twice on my way to and from NYC. For Hartford, the police were still on the EDACS. Audio was pretty good, but I don't know what how well the system works for the police in the field. For the FD, dispatch was clear on 154.310. I heard tones, but nothing else on the "Dispatch" TG on the EDACS and nothing on the 800Mhz system.

The W. Hartford P25 system worked much better than their analog system ever did. At least to my ear.

The CSP system, worked well from the MA state line all the way down to the NY state line. I found that setting the filter on my SDS200 seemed to improve reception. I'll have to update my CT FL file as more local systems come on line with the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.