Hartford Police Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger0034

The main reason Hartford Police have so many different talk groups, especially "surveillance" ones, is that they seem to mix and match. I don't have any inside info on how or why they do that, all my experience is simply from listening everyday and having the search feature on my 396xt.
HPD detectives/special units, seem to use one particular talk group for their specific unit for awhile, then seem to switch to another talk group, leaving that previous talk group silent for several weeks to months.
The most recent update I submitted, resulted from months of listening and trying to determine who is who, but most of them seem to be narcotics related activities, without any specific titles to talk groups unless someone actually identifies it.
So it seems like there may be up to 30 surveillance talk groups listed, only a handful are in use at any one time.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Probably to try to keep ahead of people who publish surveillance talkgroups. I have pointed out to some folks there that these previously unpublished talkgroups are now easily found online and in the RR database programmed scanners. I wouldn't be surprised if you hear less and less of them in the not too distant future.

chris

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Back in the heyday, Nextel was great for this work. We just setup a multigroup and life was good.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
And speaking of, there are still 4? duplicate talkgroups in the database that we need to sort out:

817/06-061 - Narcotics Unit 2 / Surveillance 5
857/06-111 - Intelligence Division 1 / Narcotics Unit 3
862/06-116 - Auto Theft Task Force / Bomb Squad
870/06-126 - Surveilance 13 / Tactical 3
948/07-064 Surveillance 14 / Hartford PD/FBI Task Force 2

Last edited:

Ranger0034

PJH, I will be sending you a private message Saturday afternoon 3/1 with clarification on HPD talk groups, I'm currently at work and my master list is at home.

TEKurtz

I have a more updated list than what's published for the PD talkgroups. About a year ago or so I submitted a revised version of what had been published at the time, but for some reason not everything I submitted was updated.
I also have a lot of Last names to be associated with i-call ID's which is not allowed to be published on RR.
Let me know in a PM and I'll email anyone who wants them.
They are currently in BcTool+. I can either supply the entire .bcd file for Uniden's or a simple .txt version.

And speaking of, there are still 4? duplicate talkgroups in the database that we need to sort out:

Part of the reason for that still being an issue I think is the botched revision that I submitted. The admin seemed to be having a difficult time so I just let it go, I figured no one else even listened to HPD anyway...haha.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Pm me the information and I'll update the listings

TEKurtz

I didn't realize there had been so many recent updates to the Hartford system. I sent a PM with an update of my own. It's good to see more people chipping in and keeping it updated, since it gets new talkgroups so often.
I currently have a list of RID's tagged with Unit numbers, officer's ID codes mixed with names as I get them, I'm going to work on a list for the RR database to exclude the names.
I'll PM you PJH again with that info?

Status
Not open for further replies.