Hartford/Tolland County QCII Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyPhoto

Does anyone have a list for the tones for Hartford/Tolland counties? I'm mainly interested in the following, but a general list will do:

South Windsor FD
East Hartford FD
Manchester FD
Broad Brook FD
Warehouse Point FD
Vernon FD
Stafford/Stafford Springs FD

Thanks

dittrimd

Here is what I have for Broadbrook, Warehouse Point, Vernon and Stafford. Some of this may be out of date but it is a start. The file is a tab delineated text file that will need some clean up but should be easy to fix.

Mark

Attachments

• RR Tone List.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 241

andy404ns

I'm at school till thanksgiving, but when I get home I can pop open my minitor and take a look at the tones we use. i'll let you know when i can.

PhillyPhoto

Thanks for the Tolland County List. Do you know what West Stafford uses for their tone? The one that sounds funky?

Last edited:

dittrimd

LuiePL,

Can I ask what your interest is in the tones and what you plan to do with them?

I hope I am jumping the gun but I noticed your links after I posted the list which are links to commercial ventures. Honestly if you are using this information for profit I have a problem with that. In my opinion this site is supposed to be for the scanning enthusiast to scan systems of interest and I do not think people should be proftting from the wealth of knowledge that is here. To my knowledge RR does not have any such policy so again this is only my opinion. I am respectfully requesting that you not use this information for commercial purposes. All the information I post is either publicly available or could be obtained by monitoring the systems. Things like frequencies and thier locations are all available from the FCC. PL tones can easily be determined using a scanner that can search the PL's. Tone decoding can easily be determined as well. I feel my efforts here just make it easier for people to have access to it so they can better monitor their systems.

Again I am not trying to be a jerk about this but I felt I should state my feelings on this. If I made the wrong assumptions please accept my apology. If not I would appreciate you honoring my request.

Thanks

Mark

PhillyPhoto

Mark,

I am an administrator and the webmaster for The East Coast Radio Network, which is a non-profit fire-buff radio announcement group. I am also a dispatcher for 1st Responder Wireless News. My interest in the subject is not for profit or commercial gain, but in interest in what the different tones are. I grew up in the Hartford, CT area and heard these tones growing up. My group is currently considering using QCII tones to differenciate between different counties that we are announcing working fires and other major incidents for in the greater Philadelphia region.

Like I said before, I grew up in Connecticut and I like some of the tones that are used by area departments, and would like to investigate incorporating some variation of the tones used by the departments up there. For example, right now our QCII capabilities are limited, so we mostly use singletone alerting of 1000hz. This is mainly used for multiple alarm fires where 2 tones are for 2nd alarms, 3 for 3rd alarm and so on.

I understand your concerns about a profit motive, and assure you this is not the case. My interest in the matter is purely acedemic. Also, I'm not looking for frequencies or PL's, as these are all readily available, and I have no pressing need for them 300 miles away. Also, if you are concerened about me using the tone information to interfere on public safety frequencies, I understand your concerns on this matter also, but I assure you, I only transmit on the frequencies I am authorized on. Also, I have no capabilities of transmiting on low band, on which Tolland County dispatches, and for the tone information you provided.

If you would like to PM me with any further tone information you have, so it doesn't reach a public forum, I have no problems with that either. I hope this has helped to clarify my interest in the subject matter, and put to rest any concerns you may have had. Please feel free to contact me if you have any issues you would rather not discuss in public. Thanks.

-Luie-

Last edited:

dittrimd

Thanks for your reply Luie,

I am glad you did not take offense to any of my comments. I just see so much opportunism these days when it comes to the volunteer services. People seem to think that since we are not paid then our time or effort does not hold any value. They have no problem taking what we give and then still wanting to take more.

I apologize if I misunderstood any of your activities; I must admit I viewed the ECRN with a browser that blocks flash so I could not get too deep. I was able to get to the members page which did have a comment about a small registration fee. Did not realize this was a non profit.

Did not mean to imply that I thought you would do anything destructive just that it has happened in the past and it is something we will all have to deal with eventually.

No need for PM'ing info. Any info that I would give to an individual I would give to anyone. And now that I have a better understanding of what you are doing we should be all set.

Thanks again,

Mark

PhillyPhoto

Mark,

Our ECRN site is mostly flash, so if it blocks it, you probably did miss a lot. About the non-profit thing, the membership fee goes directly to our monthly costs. Our repeater sites costs $550 per month. Also the web-hosting fee and internet service for linking the repeaters and hosting a feed. We actually just instituted the fee last week, after the administrators were handling the fees mostly by themselves.

-Luie-

Last edited:

dittrimd

I know how the fees go. Until last year I was paying for the server space and the domain name registration for my fire department and county dive team. I finally go them to pony up the money. I will try to view your site with a computer that does not block flash. My work now blocks just about ever plug in. We can't even stream audio feeds like scanners or radio stations!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.