hartsville pd on pal 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

LILZ456

Do you know if they are going all encrypted as well?...from the times I've listened the past few days it sounds like they are.

just in anyone is interested in trying to hear hartsville pd hears thier tac channel talkgroup 54304 i have already submitted it into the database

LILZ456

Encrypted or just digital?

I'm using a Pro-164 right now that cannot decode digital, I'm wondering if Hartsville PD and Darl Co SD dispatches are encrypted or just digital. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Pro-106 to be able to hear digital and I'm now under the impression that HVPD and DCSD are digital but not encrypted. Is this accurate? I was in Radio Shack earlier today and heard Darl Co SD dispatch on their Pro 106 on display in the store so I'm assuming that's the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm looking to upgrade ASAP if this is the case. Thanks.

LILZ456

Thanks for the quick response man, probably going to pick up a Pro 106 today because the only thing I can hear right now is EMS, Fire, and Highway Patrol. I just don't understand all of these agencies changing up their systems so people have to buy new stuff to hear them. I understand their concerns with criminals listening in but like you said the TAC and SPEC OP channels are encrypted so any time they're doing something like a drug bust or something they can just switch over to those. It makes no sense to move their dispatch channels to encryption, that just shows the lack of transparency law enforcement has with the public these days.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
The last three vehicles that our local LEO's pulled that were IDed as burglary suspects had handheld scanners in their possesion. Trunking the systems on 800MHz really helped, but going to digital has dropped the burglarers edge of knowing the local cops are on to them by 99%.

The law enforcement community is trying to combat the criminal mind by increasing technology. That being said, it is a headache for us listening to our brothers in blue. Remember, most criminals are stupid, otherwise they would have legal jobs. Most criminals couldn't tell you what a frequency is much less how digital communication works. The future looks kinda bleak as more and more agencies encrypt their communications, but to serve the law abiding populace they're gonna have to.

Sad to say.
Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.