Harute Q 1993 scanner book ontario edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm sure there is still some valid info in there, but a LOT has changed in the past 17 years. You won't find much info on trunking systems in there!

Also, if you have any other questions regarding Ontario related stuff, you would likely get a better response in one of the Canada forums.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
I have the 1993 edition too. Trunking was just getting big in '93.
Although there are still a few good conventional freqs listed in it, there are also a lot of duds.
Another cool/sad thing is to see all the companies/industries listed in it that no longer exist...
Some of the articles in it about scanning are still very good reading!

mciupa

I wonder how many former Haruteq Frequency Detectives are members of RadioReference now?
fing34.gif
:D

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I remember finding my first Haruteq book in a bookstore in Sarnia when I was in college. Thought it was a bloody goldmine of info!

ATCTech

I used to chat and exchange data with Bart via an old dial-up BBS way back when, probably before '93 even.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Wow. Never thought I could pick up a scanner book and get my banjo tuned at the same place!

ATCTech

I was w-a-y off! I just had a peek at some very old printed (as in dot matrix) communications I had with Bart... dated February 1984. He was about to release Version 7 of his list and we were cleaning up some of the duplicate entries.

Makes sense - I've been working in electronics and toys like scanners since 1976...

BartVeerman

A friend told me about this thread and it humbles me to be remembered this way. Thanks so much for all the support over the years folks, it's a privilege to have been part of your scanner life. The last edition I published was in 2001, it covered Ontario and all provinces east there of.
After that I moved on to other stuff and dropped right out of the scanner picture. I kept getting requests for new editions but it was no longer doable especially since Radio Shack dropped scanners from their product line. I was finally convinced though to make the 2001 edition available in PDF format and even though it's quite outdated, it still contains a lot of info that still is valid. In case you're interested you can find the info here: http;//haruteq.com/hsb.htm - feel free to peek around on my website, it'll give you an idea about the things that keep me busy these days.
Best wishes,
Bart Veerman.

Status
Not open for further replies.