Harvest YG1443

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I'm always fascinated by new and unique antenna ideas and designs. I stumbled across the Harvest YG1443 on Ebay and was curious if it's a tried and proven design? I couldn't find any reviews and I don't know if that's because it's new or if it just hasn't caught on. Are any of you on the 2M/30cm bands have tried one or know someone who did and what was the outcome? I'm really hoping if it's a good design if it could be re-tuned or slightly altered to be used as a dual-band aircraft antenna?

Harvest YG1443 V/UHF 140~150/400~470MHz 800W Square Loop Base Antenna

prcguy

The gain numbers don't mean anything, it should be close to a dipole. I've used single horizontal loops from another company and they work surprisingly well when everyone else is horizontal. You can stack single band for gain but I don't know if there is a common spacing that is good for both 2m and 70cm. I met the rep for these just a few weeks ago and considered one myself.

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
It's not a new design at all!! This is a square version of a Halo (called "squalo" by some). The design works OK for omnidirectional 2m & 70cm SSB contacts, since most folks are horizontally polarized in that mode on those bands. I one I used (from eFactor Antennas) was on a telescopic pole (above a magnetic loop antenna). If conditions were right, I'd raise the eFactor 30' in the air and join the fun (the dark image below). You can even stack them if you are so inclined!

Status
Not open for further replies.