Harvesting/Printing SDS200 Favorites Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM707

Premium Subscriber
So I bought a Uniden SDS200 a couple days ago. Until then my newest scanner was a Pro-2006 I bought in 1992. I downloaded the Sentinel software and loaded the SDS200 with Sonoma County freqs, CAL FIRE, etc. from the RadioReference database. When running the Pro-2006 side-by-side with the Pro-2006 I noticed the Pro-2006 would stop at frequencies that weren’t in the SDS200.

Sentinel doesn’t seem to allow exporting/printing the favorites list so I could compare it to what’s in the Pro-2006. I began to explore the favorites list file format and created a quick-and-dirty VB.NET app to harvest the favorites list data and create a spreadsheet I could sort by frequency. Enclosed is a screenshot of the app. Does anyone know of a better way to harvest data from Sentinel? I’m a newbee who just joined the forums.

Attachments

• ReadFavoritesList.jpg
    ReadFavoritesList.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 64

KAZ7ED

Feed Provider
Be sure you have the proper service types activated in the scanner.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So I bought a Uniden SDS200 a couple days ago. Until then my newest scanner was a Pro-2006 I bought in 1992. I downloaded the Sentinel software and loaded the SDS200 with Sonoma County freqs, CAL FIRE, etc. from the RadioReference database. When running the Pro-2006 side-by-side with the Pro-2006 I noticed the Pro-2006 would stop at frequencies that weren’t in the SDS200.

Sentinel doesn’t seem to allow exporting/printing the favorites list so I could compare it to what’s in the Pro-2006. I began to explore the favorites list file format and created a quick-and-dirty VB.NET app to harvest the favorites list data and create a spreadsheet I could sort by frequency. Enclosed is a screenshot of the app. Does anyone know of a better way to harvest data from Sentinel? I’m a newbee who just joined the forums.
I use ProScan as well, but I'm sure that you also have a print option with ARC536 as well.

You could copy the system details from Sentinel, and paste that into a spreadsheet. But that would require going, individually, through each system's channels (and sites for trunked systems), which would be about as speedy as a herd of turtles crawling through cold molasses.

JM707

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I think I'll look into the ProScan software.

Xbullworker

Yes, Sentinel's functions are quite rudimentary compared to Proscan's favorites list editor which is chock full of export functions. It amazes me every day the time and effort Bob puts into his app

I have used Proscan since my old Bearcat 780 and with the free updates it has paid for itself MANY MANY times. It does so much that printing favs list is just a small feature. "Chock Full" is an understatement!!

Status
Not open for further replies.