Has anyone heard anything lately from Belka?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svenmarbles

Premium Subscriber
Now it seems that their website is down. Has anyone received an order lately, or even a communication with an update? I’d kind of like to know where things stand with the orders. Mine hit the month anniversary yesterday.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
My order was almost 4 weeks last Fri....sent an email, and on Sat got a reply that the rcvr had been shipped that day...suffering from the same supply chain problems all other electronics manufacturers are and working as fast as possible to get orders out.
this is via the belrig.by www site.

svenmarbles

Premium Subscriber
My order was almost 4 weeks last Fri....sent an email, and on Sat got a reply that the rcvr had been shipped that day...suffering from the same supply chain problems all other electronics manufacturers are and working as fast as possible to get orders out.
this is via the belrig.by www site.
Oh ok cool. So things are shipping now. When was your order placed?

svenmarbles

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. Mine was placed the 5th. Should I assume mine is shipped as well? Would you have known otherwise if you didn’t email and ask? Did your order status change from “Order confirmed” on the website’s order tracker if you log in?

Kiniutech

Past login as: questnz
Premium Subscriber
Yes, good news. My order placed 24th April, shipped yesterday. Got tracking number from Belka.
Send email re my order about 10 days ago, Here is email from Alex last week.
Fingers crossed !

Hi Chris,
Yesterday we finally received all the missing parts.
We need a few days to set up and check the receivers before shipping.
Therefore, next week we will definitely send Belka to you.
Tracking will be sent upon shipping.
Thanks a lot for your patience!

Regards,
Alexander Buevskiy
EU1ME

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
mine arrived while I was away. Spent a good portion of today getting to know it. It is going to be a lot of fun to have a receiver with me all the time. Gotta order a Pelican Micro for it tonite.

Well done Alex.....

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber

svenmarbles

Premium Subscriber
My instinct when I got the Belka was to put it into a hard shell case like that. Then I figured, why would I take a device that one of it’s main selling points is the micro size and then enlarge the footprint of it for transit with an outer shell?

What I REALLY wish an aftermarket maker would create is a simple leatherette slip… Perhaps one with a display cut-out and a mesh spot for the speaker… To me that’s the ticket for this radio….

svenmarbles

Premium Subscriber
But I guess I’m a hypocrite because I came up with this. At it’s core, an Amazon Basics general purpose clamshell that fits the radio comfortably. Then it bothered me that it didn’t contain the whip as well, so THAT case goes into a matching canvas zipper pouch with the antenna..

Attachments

• 1EFF2EFE-CBEC-49D4-A3E6-62B2557FE6D3.jpeg
    1EFF2EFE-CBEC-49D4-A3E6-62B2557FE6D3.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 95D6888D-BC91-461B-B587-953427CB7AA3.jpeg
    95D6888D-BC91-461B-B587-953427CB7AA3.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DB791E23-2A4C-460B-AB6C-A9E7B00FD0C1.jpeg
    DB791E23-2A4C-460B-AB6C-A9E7B00FD0C1.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.