Has anyone heard from Bob Grove in a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I found out about Monitoring Times due to pure chance. I don't remember what year it was, maybe 83, but I went to a garage sale I passed by and saw one of the items for sale was a Hammarlund HQ-180 in mint condition. It was sitting on a kid's wagon, and playing the BBC. I didn't have the cash to buy it, but along with the Hammarlund were a couple of lesser, much lesser radios that had seen better days, and a box full of CQ, PopComm, 73, and MT issues. I had never seen MT before, and I soon had a subscription. The radios and books belonged to the woman who owned the house's father, who had just died suddenly. I bought the box of mags and still have a lot of them, along with most of the MT issues that were printed on newsprint and are falling apart at this point.

After MT went away, I was looking to buy an old stereo receiver I had owned in the mid '70's, and I found one on Ebay, I bid on it, but didn't realize until the auction was over, it was Bob Grove selling his Panasonic SA-6500. I found another one soon after, but Bob's looked a little better.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
He has made things in a great way with what he has used for all of us. Thanks for Bob Grove and what he has shown us in life with what he has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.