Has anyone here actually acquired a Whistler Scanner (not RS version)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oracavon

I keep seeing posts claiming that Whistler is shipping new Whistler-branded scanners (not the RS versions, which people have actually seen in RS stores), but I can't find any posts in which someone actually has one in hand. So I'm wondering if they really are shipping.

Supposedly, the analog models (1010 and 1025) are currently shipping, but, as I say, I can't find a post from anyone who actually has one. Amazon shows them as in stock, but there are no reviews from any buyers, so it's not clear that anyone has actually received one.

The phase 1 digital models (1040 and 1065) were allegedly going to ship mid-August, but are now scheduled for Sep 1 (per Hamstation's website), and the phase 2 models (1080 and 1095) have not even been given a scheduled release date.

So, has anyone here actually acquired a Whistler-branded scanner yet?

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
we have the 1040 and 1065 instock.

I keep seeing posts claiming that Whistler is shipping new Whistler-branded scanners (not the RS versions, which people have actually seen in RS stores), but I can't find any posts in which someone actually has one in hand. So I'm wondering if they really are shipping.

Supposedly, the analog models (1010 and 1025) are currently shipping, but, as I say, I can't find a post from anyone who actually has one. Amazon shows them as in stock, but there are no reviews from any buyers, so it's not clear that anyone has actually received one.

The phase 1 digital models (1040 and 1065) were allegedly going to ship mid-August, but are now scheduled for Sep 1 (per Hamstation's website), and the phase 2 models (1080 and 1095) have not even been given a scheduled release date.

oracavon

we have the 1040 and 1065 instock.

Yup, that's exactly what I said in the post immediately above yours. :)

I, for one, appreciate your posts in keeping RR updated with actual information to counteract all the rumors and BS posts. Too many places are listing things that they don't actually have as being "in stock", and then blaming "expected shipping delays" after the customer buys. At least when you say it, I know it's real.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
Yup, that's exactly what I said in the post immediately above yours. :)

I, for one, appreciate your posts in keeping RR updated with actual information to counteract all the rumors and BS posts. Too many places are listing things that they don't actually have as being "in stock", and then blaming "expected shipping delays" after the customer buys. At least when you say it, I know it's real.

Bait and switch is nothing new.

Swipesy

I am one who will vouch for Jeff and Ham Station. A very credible organization that is top notch in service and communication.

John

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Interesting... Wow!!! Wouldn't that be good timing for Christmas gifts.

After reading I did not see anything about Phase II TDMA on these radios.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I will say I am sorry, I had 2 calls today based on this thread questioning that I had the 1040 and 1065 instock.
Sorry I misunderstood the post.

Jeff

I was speaking in general and not making any insinuations about you. How you came to that conclusion I will never know.

pepsima1

Banned
I will say I am sorry, I had 2 calls today based on this thread questioning that I had the 1040 and 1065 instock.
Sorry I misunderstood the post.

Jeff

Jeff: My suggestion is to use USPS Priority Mail on shipments. Cheap to send two day at 12.35$ instead of charging 60 bucks for shipping using UPS or FedEx. Plus the flat rate boxes are free and the service is awesome. two to three days max anywhere in the country.

My 2 cents for future business

pepsima1

Banned

Scheduled dates from Scannerbuy.com

Attachments

• ouch.PNG
    ouch.PNG
    54 KB · Views: 869

oracavon

I'm hoping no one misconstrued my statements, so let me reiterate what I was saying:

If Jeff (Ham Station) says something, it's real. He doesn't claim to have things in stock when he doesn't actually have them. Otherwise, I don't believe what I read on other websites because they have repeatedly proven to be bogus. As an example, Scannerbuy's dates are "expected dates", not actual availability dates announced by Whistler. Since anyone can expect anything whenever they want, those "expected dates" don't really have any meaning.

Getting back to the original topic, I'm still looking to hear from actual buyers regarding their experiences with the new radios. It would be good to hear where they purchased them, and if they had any problems or delays. That information would help others who are considering buying.

pepsima1

Banned
Better to take down any dates of release and make promises like Uniden did. See where is got them, drinking out of toilet bowl looking for the Siren App. Its been over 9 months now and its pretty quiet down there in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.