Has anyone in Morgan County identified the rural PD channel 2 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanner_Rider

I don't know if the rural PDs have a repeater capable channel 2 like the S.O one number above TGID to reduce traffic saturation or a non repeater local private talk group TGID like the VFD uses beside the 10 tac channels.

I have tried for a couple weeks running TGID discovery on my scanner after tried adding one digit up and down from the RPD TGID with no result either way, but being in a lowe signal area, it may just not be catching it if it is a repeater access channel. I'm reluctant to keep trying to use the TGID discovery because from what I have read about my scanner, extended search use may wear out the SD card memory.

radiopro52

I am not aware of a secondary channel for Rural PD. I always have ID Search on while scanning and dispatch is all I have ever seen from the rural police net.

KG4DRF

Think they use the ""101 channel for anything inter-op wise and probably analog(low power) sets for general use. Know when state police helicopter is assisting that they use the vlaw channel but have never heard them patched into the P25 system so just hear helicopter but not ground units. Know they have a lot of static on the medevac air comm channel (Madison County also) so guessing that patch interface for air traffic either cannot sync or helicopter noise blows their filters. Happy Scanning and an early Merry Christmas.

morganAL

PD NET (Trinity, Falkville, Hartselle PD) 32017
PD Alternate (CH 2) 32019

Sheriff 32100
Alternate 32101

If units need to talk to ALEA or other agencies on VHF analog they usually patch VLAW 31 or M.A.L.E (State Net) to either the Alternate or to a Law Ops Interop TG 32155-32158

Scanner_Rider

Thanks for the help. When I was trying to manually enter possibilities, I just wasn't going far enough.

When I first heard S.O. traffic referring to channel 2 , I found it using discovery while scanning , but after reading the board here of my scanner and how the SD card might experience damage, I became concerned since this P25 scanner cost so much more than my last analog scanner that still does service as a weather radio and local airport receiver so I can listen when a friend and his family are coming in to visit in his single engine Cessna or some locals are flying their biplanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.