Has anyone made a tone control or EQ for.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeMason

Has anyone made a tone control or EQ for theyre auxillary speakers?

Maybe a potentiometer or a few resistors to add bass to an aux. speaker.
Mine have alot of high end, Sometimes I am listening to something and it has so much high end it sounds like a bird being tortured. :D

KC0QNB

Used to be you could buy line level EQs for cars, but not so much any more, one thing you could do is build a passive band pass filter something like this
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_2/chpt_8/4.html
or you can build an active low pass and an active hi pass and cascade them, these ill use operational amplifier integrated circuits, depends on what you really want to do to make your system sound like you want it to.
Google audio High Pass, audio Low Pass and audio Band Pass filters go from there.
I have an amplified external speaker that I bought from radio shack, some time ago, that has a limited frequency response from about 300-3000Hz, no screaming bird here lol

slicerwizard

GeorgeMason said:
Mine have alot of high end, Sometimes I am listening to something and it has so much high end it sounds like a bird being tortured. :D
You can knock down the high frequencies by connecting a capacitor across the speaker terminals or by wiring an inductor in series with the speaker. Or you can do both. It's dirt simple to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.