Has anyone seen this android app? Droid-Star?

StolenLemur

Premium Subscriber
I am not able to generate a link but if you search droidstar on the play store, it is an early access title.

So what are the capabilities or downfalls of this app? Is it useable for a common listener?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Says it's a D-Star reflector monitor.. So, listen only to your favorite reflector..

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, does all the digi modes... Gonna play a bit and see what I can break with it.

StolenLemur

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious where these feeds come from. I was able to connect to some P25 systems on the list but no traffic present. And can they see my attempts at receiving audio? I don't know

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
At this point, you're doing better than me.. I tried DMR, and YSF, and failed horribly.. Don't know enough about D-star to play with it.

w2xq

Mentor
It's a wonderful app IMHO. It is much better than fussing with Hoseline. I use it to monitor various DMR talkgroups. If there is a dislike, the audio stops if the app loses focus. I'm not sure if that is an Android OS limitation or not.

On DMR, like using a radio, one must keyin to connect to tg 4000 to disconnect from a talkgroup before changing to another.

Kudos to the author on this early look!

kb9mwr

Yes,
It's the handy work of Doug AD8DP. And its open source:

Kudos to him. Having to haul around a hotspot and HT just to listen never made any sense to me.