Has anyone seen this android app? Droid-Star?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StolenLemur

Premium Subscriber
I am not able to generate a link but if you search droidstar on the play store, it is an early access title.

So what are the capabilities or downfalls of this app? Is it useable for a common listener?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Says it's a D-Star reflector monitor.. So, listen only to your favorite reflector..

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, does all the digi modes... Gonna play a bit and see what I can break with it.

StolenLemur

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious where these feeds come from. I was able to connect to some P25 systems on the list but no traffic present. And can they see my attempts at receiving audio? I don't know

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
At this point, you're doing better than me.. I tried DMR, and YSF, and failed horribly.. Don't know enough about D-star to play with it.

w2xq

Mentor
It's a wonderful app IMHO. It is much better than fussing with Hoseline. I use it to monitor various DMR talkgroups. If there is a dislike, the audio stops if the app loses focus. I'm not sure if that is an Android OS limitation or not.

On DMR, like using a radio, one must keyin to connect to tg 4000 to disconnect from a talkgroup before changing to another.

Kudos to the author on this early look!

kb9mwr

Yes,
It's the handy work of Doug AD8DP. And its open source:

Kudos to him. Having to haul around a hotspot and HT just to listen never made any sense to me.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Link to the app is listed below. Just tested out on the P25NX network. Crystal clear out the repeater. They now support transmit as well.

danesgs

I also have not been able to hear anything. If its a linked in to his streaming something its iffy. Still credit for the concept and hope it goes somewhere.

k9wkj

it is working pretty well these days
I dont talk much but have stopped by the D.A.R.C. room a few time to talk with the guys
the package is maturing well
and now it can be built for desktop
so have talked from my lappy as well

KC5HMW

Has anyone had any success on getting this app to work on the newly added allstar functionality? Tried everything under the sun & when I hit the connect button, it just hangs there indefinitely. I do know that the values you supply have to match the iax-rpt values in the iax.conf file Tried same but to no avail. Any & all direction is most appreciated. -KC5HMW-

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
These are my settings, I can't connect on dmr. Does anyone see anything that I have wrong? ThanksScreenshot_20210102-233028.pngScreenshot_20210102-233046.png

mrerick

Be sure to select an ESSID that doesn't duplicate another hotspot or repeater you may be running. Be sure your password is accurate. It should connect and ping the BM server.

I have a number of these up and working. Apart from some data loss, they seem reasonably solid. Be sure to log into BM to setup any static talkgroups you want to monitor.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Make sure if you are in the USA and use server 3101,3102,3103 on BM you have turned hotspot security on in BM selfcare and are using your password. the default passw0rd will not work with hotspot security on.

Alec
N1AJW

JASII

Memory Capacity
I am playing with this a bit more today.

I have zero experience with IAX. Can someone point me to the best sources to learn more about IAX?

(Sure, I can Google it, but sometimes I go so deep in the Google rabbit-hole that I am not sure I will get out!)

2M0AIV

iax is basically a telephone switching service pabx. allstarlink have utilised it for their analogue service similar to EchoLink in fact they now mess together and all star has cross over links to DMR, Fushion ysf and many other modes. You will not be able to set it up on droid star unless you are running an all star node, if you have an amateur callsign you could look at allstarlink.org for details in setting up a node, the settings of which you could then use to gain access and control through droidstar. Hope that helps

JASII

Memory Capacity
2MOAIV,

That is very helpful and great to know.

Thank you!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.