Has anyone tried this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
I just bought an avic Z2 car stereo. It is touch screen and has a 30gb harddrive ......has everything. I wanted to know if anyone has heard of a scanner that will hook up to something like this and display the scanner on screen. I dont need to control it just see it. Thanks

Sjinndoawi

More than likely not

First this stereo head unit has to have software drivers/programming that allow it to be able to understand the codeing/information that is comming from the scanner to be able to show any information. Secondly the stereo head unit has to have some type of USB/DATA port on it so the transfer of information can come in and be processed from the scanner.

Now if you do have a USB/DATA port on the stereo head unit but no programming or software drivers in the stereo all is not lost. First you will have to see if your stereo can be user progamable. If so, then you need to find the this software and program the stereo and then go from there, which would not be that hard . Remember your stereo "HAS TO SEE" the scanner in order to display anything comming from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.