Has Anyone Used The Diamond D-777 Antenna Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorman

Diamond has a dual-band antenna for VHF/UHF air, base model, D-777. Isn't sold in the US at this point although Diamond will accept special orders. Appears to look like the typical Diamond amateur product. I see they are being sold in EU.

Anyone out there seen/used one of these antennas?????????

Thanks

K4DHR

The only thing the military exclusively transmits in the 250-350 MHz range around here is the ATIS at Dobbins AFB. Their tower and ground control use standard civil frequencies in the 120 MHz range. I would confirm that military ops in your area actually use "military" air frequencies before dropping such a large amount of coin on an antenna like that anyway.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Yes! I ordered mine from here: http://www.wsplc.com/

Nigel was great to deal with, and answered all of my emails right away. It costs me about $133 with shipping, and the currency conversion.

For Performance, it works great. I live about a mile south of a local airport and tuned in the ATIS on two separate BC785's. I had one radio hooked up to a RS discone, and the other was running the Diamond. I was receiving ATIS with only one signal bar using the radio with the RS discone. The radio with the Diamond antenna was receiving it three signal bars and it came in 4X5. Needless to say I am very pleased with this antenna.

MWillyG

Diamond D-777?

abqscan and pilot_ngb, et al.:

May I ask what receivers you are using with this antenna?
Have you found the need for filters and/or attenuators?

Just curious, since I'm shopping for an airband (civil/military spectrum) antenna that's got a bit more "there" than my Diamond discone, which is a great antenna, by the way.

Thanks!

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
abqscan and pilot_ngb, et al.:

May I ask what receivers you are using with this antenna?
Have you found the need for filters and/or attenuators?

Just curious, since I'm shopping for an airband (civil/military spectrum) antenna that's got a bit more "there" than my Diamond discone, which is a great antenna, by the way.

Thanks!

I'm using 2X-BC785, 2X-BC780, 2X-Pro2055, and 2XPro2052. I'm not using any filters or attenuators. This is a great antenna, well worth the wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.