Has ColoDTRS been rebanded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyjh2

Hello, For some reason my BCD396T has stopped receiving ALL DTRS. I have heard rumor that ColoDTRS was rebanding. Has this happened? I checked all current treads in this forum and saw no mention of rebanding actually happening. To really complicate things even more, I just installed the latest firmware upgrade (new settings I do not understand yet). I am a newbie at trunk scanning, however I did have my 396 receiving last week. I am guessing I just do not have the new settings correct. Can anyone offer setting that will get me back to scanning DTRS? Thanks.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
The DTRS rebanded a long time ago. Nothing has happened since you last heard anything last week.
My guess is that the firmware update is causing your problems. Since I'm not familiar withthe Unidens, someone else here may be able to help you out.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I am using the blue channels. Question jimmnn if I may, anything DTRS such as CSP, CDOT, etc will have the same control channels, the only thing that differenciates(?) the bureaus would be the call signs?

Opps that might be one of the problems Gary you want to program only the red freqs which are the control channels and then allow the scanner to do the rest.

Yes agencies use the same control channels but they will be operating on different talkgroups.

What software are you using to program?

Jim<

garyjh2

I have quite a few programed, most are around this general area. I am now getting a lot of CSP. I attempted copy and paste of the control channels in my CSP system into my CDOT system. The talk groups are different, so, now when my scanner has a CSP talk group hit it shows on my scanner display as a CDOT system hit? This did not seem to work very well. Am I making any sense here? Sorry and Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.