Has Demopolis and Marengo gone digital P25 phase II?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallfisherman

I have a Whistler WS1040 but haven't been able to pick up anything using the frequencies from the database.

Thanks.

Scanner_Rider

Most likely they have converted. A friend who lives near Demopolis told me last week that he finally upgraded to a newer scanner a month or so back because he said that he had watched his reception drop much as the analog reception in my area did over the last few years.

I'm no tech oriented scanner listener but it seemed like after the big tornado outbreak in 2011, agencies in the southern part of the state seemed to upgrade most of their emergency services more quickly than the rest of the state with only a few regional pockets that postponed upgrades until they had adequate funding.

Now it appears that all agencies in the state have upgraded.

tallfisherman

Thanks,

Do you know which scanner your friend has? Also, I was told by someone at Collins Communication of Demopolis that the police department has migrated over to us Southern Linc for their method of communication.

medic9351301

Banned
if its southern stinc lol linc give it up. no scanner will pick up southern linc

AE106

as of about a year and a half ago Demopolis City departments had purchased P25 radios (PD) and trbo radios (FD) but were still operating in analog. I was told they were for future upgrades. I havent been through there recently, but Hale county had a trbo system in place and the big paper mill outside of Demopolis had a trbo system in place. I will ask around and see what they are doing currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.