Has it Really been 10 Years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Don't forget Strong Signals! Rich Wells started a great wave

[Little off topic] Rich was local to the Triangle area here in NC and regularly attended
Tarheel Scanner/Shortwave Group meetings back when Strong Signals was the site to be. In fact back in 1997 he and I were the first ones in the Central NC area to receive the BC235XLT shipped to us from Grove. I remember the ooohs and ahhhhs from my fellow radio group members when we brought them to the meetings to show them off. :) Rich has moved away from the radio hobby these days...I tried several times to contact him about trying to make an archive of the entire Strong Signals site but never got a reply. It was the spot to be in the mid to late 90s into the early 2000s [/Off Topic]

Marshall KE4ZNR

bear780ks

Marshal wasn't there a Colum on Strong Signal's featured in Scanning USA i'm thinking it was but I wasn't fully for sure) It's making want to Look back in my old Issues. I wished someone out in Scanning field Could revive that magazine boy it had some good Reads in it). :) Ra

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Congrat's Paul, you are one "Popular" guy, more posts than some Uniden new model scanners!!!!!....Uniden, Bearcat, Regency all names that have done me rite...Had a Regency scanner in wood cabinet years back, "tone bypass" kept going off with high pitched dispatchers....Sent it in to some tech and he removed it for me personally, was a very happy customer after that....Can't remember his name but is long gone....So now we have Upman, even better!!

offsite

Premium Subscriber
10 down and many, many more to go! Congratulations, Paul! And thanks for all the help over the years!

-rb-

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Congrats on 10 years and thanks for everything!!! Looking around my home (and vehicle) I see many products that have helped fund your retirement and look forward to what the future will bring!

But 1 question... What was the price of gas back then? Wait, I probably don't want to be reminded... LOL

scannersnstuff

congrats paul !. i know i've been critical in the past, but i guess you also know that i'm equally critical of all scanner and radio companies. thanks again for all your hard work and input. PEACE OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.