Has Livermore Police gone Silent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know whats going on with the Livermore Police. I cannot hear them whatsoever from the East Simulcast part of the EB system??Any one else having a hard time

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Wonder if they switched to TDMA. Are you using a receiver capable of phase 2 transmissions? I was in Pleasanton for an hour yesterday and did not hear PPD. Didn't know if this was normal or not.

YES I HATE TO SAY IT BUT LIVERMORE HAS GONE COMPLETELY ENCRYPTED. ALL THEIR RADIO ID'S ARE NOW PART OF THE 3516 TG WHICH IS FULLY ENCRYPTED. SO I GUESS THE DAYS OF MONITORING WHATS GOING ON IN YOUR CITY ARE GONE. I UNDERSTAND THE CRIMINAL USEAGE OF LIVE SCANNER MONITORING. BUT COME ON, WE ALL KNOW THERE IS SUCH A BIG DELAY FROM THE LIVE BROADCAST TO THE RE-BROADCAST OVER THE INTERNET APPS THAT ANY CRIMINAL THAT THINKS THEY ARE LISTENING TO SOMETHING TOTALLY LIVE THEN THEY REALLY ARE DUMB CRIMINALS... BUT I MONITORED JUST TO SEE WHATS WAS HAPPENING IN THE CITY, BECAUSE THESE DAYS YOU CANT TRUST THE POLICE INTERPRETATION OF WHAT THEY DID. ITS NICE TO HEAR IT EXACTLY...

spacerat

Premium Subscriber
I am sad to announce the City of Livermore PD has started encrypting all their frequencies. This started around February 15, 2021. They did this per order from California Department of Justice to protect all personally identifiable information (PII). This was confirmed by a Livermore PD dispatcher.

I am sad to announce the City of Livermore PD has started encrypting all their frequencies. This started around February 15, 2021. They did this per order from California Department of Justice to protect all personally identifiable information (PII). This was confirmed by a Livermore PD dispatcher.
I JUST WONDER WHY THE REST OF THE EBRCS HASNT GONE ENCRYPTED.... ONLY LIVERMORE!????

N6ML

I JUST WONDER WHY THE REST OF THE EBRCS HASNT GONE ENCRYPTED.... ONLY LIVERMORE!????

Please turn off caps lock.

Antioch and Brentwood PD dispatch have been encrypted for years. It's up the individual agencies whether they use encryption or not.

spacerat

Premium Subscriber
According to the California Department of Justice (CDOJ) order all public safety agencies that broadcast personally identifiable information (PII) must use encryption. That gives them two choices.
  1. Encrypt all traffic.
  2. Encrypt only PII traffic.
If they choose option 2 then they can achieve this by transmitting PII through their mobile data terminal in their car which is encrypted. I believe most agencies will choose option 1 because it will be a burden if dispatchers can never transmit PII verbally to the officer.

CDOJ did not set a deadline for this order to be completed but they did set a deadline for all agencies to submit an implementation plan by Dec. 31, 2020. I believe some agencies that have limited budgets will not implement the plan for a few years so they can find the financial resources to archive the CDOJ order.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
According to the California Department of Justice (CDOJ) order all public safety agencies that broadcast personally identifiable information (PII) must use encryption. That gives them two choices.
  1. Encrypt all traffic.
  2. Encrypt only PII traffic.
If they choose option 2 then they can achieve this by transmitting PII through their mobile data terminal in their car which is encrypted. I believe most agencies will choose option 1 because it will be a burden if dispatchers can never transmit PII verbally to the officer.

CDOJ did not set a deadline for this order to be completed but they did set a deadline for all agencies to submit an implementation plan by Dec. 31, 2020. I believe some agencies that have limited budgets will not implement the plan for a few years so they can find the financial resources to archive the CDOJ order.

You’re missing an option for option 2 (encrypt only PII traffic): Switch their radios to an encrypted service/records/inquiry talk group to run DLs and discuss PII.

The larger EBRCS law enforcement agencies have already had “Service” talkgroups for many years, so there wouldn’t have been any sort of training learning curve for the officers to remember to switch channels. The smaller agencies could have designated a second talk group (dispatch 2, admin, one of their tacs, etc) as a new records/service talkgroup and encrypted that.

Most small LE agencies still have at least two dispatchers working as a team, but in the event the dispatcher was working solo it is doable to run two separate talkgroups simultaneously - you run the dispatch 1 talkgroup with your foot switch/headset PTT, and the secondary channel goes through the console speaker and you PTT with a mouse click on the radio screen. Would be easier with a partner since they’re also answering 911, but it is doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.