Has Mannford moved to truck system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Haven't heard Mannford PD on their 154.755 MHz freq in the past couple of days. A friend of mine in Mannford says one of the police officers told him they have switched to a trunk system.

Can't find anything in the database about it. Anybody out there know the scoop about this?

Thanks.

Last edited:

N5TWB

I have no specific information for you but you could just check one of the MPD cars to see if they've sprouted an 800 mhz antenna. If so, your friend's info would appear to be solid. Next is your search of either the FCC ULS database or setting your scanner into search mode.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Mannford Trucking

Yes, they do have the trunking antenna. Search mode could take days to finally catch them. By the wqy, sorry about the misspelling in thread title. Obviously should be trunking instead of trucking.

The FCC database is the next step. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Yes, they do have the trunking antenna. Search mode could take days to finally catch them. By the wqy, sorry about the misspelling in thread title. Obviously should be trunking instead of trucking.

Trucking radio would be easy to find: 27.185 MHz, AM! :)

Cut your search down some: if they are truly on an 800-MHz trunked system, it's likely OKWIN. Find the site nearest your town and, assuming you do not have a trunking scanner, program the channels not marked as control channels. You will hear all talkgroups and will not be able to follow a conversation, but you should know pretty quickly if your cops are on the system.

If you do have a trunking scanner, program the system in and start searching for the talkgroups that way.

Assuming, of course, that they info isn't already in the DB.

N5TWB

I know my abilities to search all aspects of the FCC ULS DB is probably not as good as others on this board but all I've turned up has to do with their already-known licenses on VHF. I couldn't find a license or application for 800mHz.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
I had the same luck on the FCC database. I wonder if their licensed through the county? Anyway it gave me a headache, I'm not going back there for awhile.

Thanks for reply.

DW NB5B

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I know my abilities to search all aspects of the FCC ULS DB is probably not as good as others on this board but all I've turned up has to do with their already-known licenses on VHF. I couldn't find a license or application for 800mHz.

I didn't realize how close Mannford was to Tulsa. Looks like there is an OKWIN site in Creek Co as well. Assuming they went there, which is a good bet, IMHO, I'd start with the Creek Co site if I were searching for new talkgroups. There would be far fewer active talkgroups there than the Tulsa site.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I didn't realize how close Mannford was to Tulsa. Looks like there is an OKWIN site in Creek Co as well. Assuming they went there, which is a good bet, IMHO, I'd start with the Creek Co site if I were searching for new talkgroups. There would be far fewer active talkgroups there than the Tulsa site.

Google 'okwin mannford' and you'll see that, yes, this is where they went. Seems no one has found the talkgroups yet.

My experience in central Oklahoma is that new TGs seem to be digital, so below TG 20464 or so (don't know if that upper limit is a software thing or the managers just decided to organize that way, but there aren't many P25 TGs above that).

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Mannford Trunk Talk ID

Thanks everyone. The mystery is solved. Apparently, at this point, there is only one talk id for Mannford 62512 for the police. The FD and EMS will soon have their own talk ids, in the meantime they are on their old VHF freqs. Don't know if PD will add any other talk ids such as car to car or tac.

Thanks again.

DW NB5B

goodrx

Mannford Talkgroup

I have confirmed that Mannford's new 800 trunk talkgroup is 62512 but have not picked up any radio traffic on it. Has anyone else in the area picked up Mannford PD since their switch to 800 mhz trunk?
Thanks.

PRO-96
PRO-51

BenBrewing

Any OKWIN updates for Mannford, Oklahoma in Creek County? I got my Grecom PSR800 picking up both Mannford Fire and very rarely Mannford Police on the OKWIN Project 25 system. I remember Mannford Police being much more active on the radio and suspect there may be some unlisted talkgroups. Look at this link at the Talkgroup ID's. Currently I have talkgroup 3907 and talkgroup 3913 entered. Do you think perhaps there's some other talkgroups between 3907 and 3913? OKWIN -- Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network Project 25 Trunking System, Varies, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Mannford

I monitor Mannford PD on talk id 62512 on OK WIN analog and 3907 on OK WIN Project 25 digital. I don't believe there are any other talk ids. Their traffic isn't all that heavy.

BenBrewing

Ok, thanks! That's the same frequencies and talk groups I monitor as well as Mannford Fire and Keystone Fire. I'm at the 600 acre ranch off highway 51 at 289th and have to watch for fire coming from all areas since the property runs all the way to the Tulsa County line and south to 31st.
I finally got my Grecom PSR-800 programmed with the Scanlist properly programmed, talk a about a pain trying to achieve the learning curve of an object oriented scanner. I was about to the point to pay someone to program it for me. The only thing that's got me confused is why I'm having to use an external antenna to pickup any trunked digital signal when none of my Omni's will work here in Creek County but it works fine in Tulsa. I didn't think I was that far and when I first bought it I can remember it picking up all those trunked talkgroups without external antenna. I suspected since it was dropped several times that it had a cracked solder joint and sent it to G&G in New York to have it checked and solder reflowed.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Mannford

To monitor creek county and Mannford on analog and digital you need to have the control channels for both systems programmed in the radio. Analog on OK WIN interop is 852.7125 and 852.1625 for Kellyville site. 860.4875 and 859.4875 Bristow site
For the OK WIN P25 you need 856.1125 and 857.9375 Tulsa.

BenBrewing

I have those frequencies in the list according to the Grecom programming software but I've no ideal how to set it as a control frequency in an object oriented scanner, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.