Has Marshall Co. gone to 800 yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefthander

I have lost Marshall Co. Sheriff, I can hear the dispatch but not the Sheriff. Have they gone to 800 and if so when will I be able to hear them again on my home patrol.

lefthander

I updated the other day and that did not change anything. I will update again tomorrow. I am kind of new at this but what I am thinking is they are getting ready to switch to P25 system sometime soon. The dispatcher awhile back got to complaining over the air for the sheriff Deputies to go to 800 and quite using the old freqs. The local police are still using the old freqs as well as the fire departments. The only place I see any 800 freqs listed in the data base is the Blue Rapids Tower which is 12 miles away and I have them programed into my scanner. I am just being curious.

nec911

I talked to one of their responders up there Friday. It sounds as if they have issued 800 Meg radios to each department. Not everyone is carrying them, but they have access to their talk groups on the KSICS.

It is my understanding that Marysville PD and Marshal SO are using 800 since they have radios for everyone and that Fire/EMS are only using 800 when they are mutual aid with other counties or if they go out of county. There was a large amount of radios purchased recently because of the deal that some other local entities made with Motorola. Also, in a recent meeting the ComL's were asked if we would support or be able to provide support for those that want to carry the Tri-band's from Kenwood and Harris and Tait. A lot of places took the advice of the radio-geeks and have been keeping their UHF/VHF as backups.

The complaining you prolly heard was their one-man station in dispatch not having enough ears and hands to handle UHF, VHF and KSICS.

The Marshal County channels we put in our State radios are 4448, 4449, 4450.

Status
Not open for further replies.