• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Has the DTR600/700 Been Discontinued?

daugherh

Premium Subscriber
Been seeing mixed search results about the DTR600/700 series being discontinued. Can any M dealers confirm, and if so, what the replacement models are. Was just getting ready to order about 50 for my company when I saw that and now concerned we may not be able to get them.

Was really hoping to use the 900ISM to stay license free if possible.

nokones

Premium Subscriber
The DTR700 was released late last fall and I received radio and accessories the first of February. I haven't heard that this radio has been discontinued already. I think it is a great radio

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Not cancelled. The 650 and 750 are cancelled. The 410 I used in FED service is still available. TT

YL3IM

It's shown under discontinued on the manufacturer's website.

daugherh

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the replies. The 600 is fine for us - we only need a few different "channels". Thanks!