Has the Lighthorse changed frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB7WVG

I recently began hearing what sounds to be Lighthorse operating DMR on the time slot 2 of the same frequency that the EMS uses in Okmulgee County for the south dispatch area. The talk groups are different from each other as well as opposite time slots, the color code is the same tho.
I thought it odd since Lighthorse in Oklahoma is listed as P25 interoperability here yet has frequencies that utilize pl tones in the 160mhz range. Radio Reference does not reflect this change so far. Anyone else hearing this besides me?

WB7WVG

Last I knew they were on OKWIN
I understood this as well. However, over the last week and a half, I have heard what "sounds" like units that are answering with "Nations" and a unit number in various counties around eastern Oklahoma. I hear this on 155.64750 color code 13 and time slot 2 of DMR in talk group 1210. This would be a shared frequency now with Okmulgee County EMS south which is time-slotted 1 and still color-coded 13 which is in talk group 1030. I am using an Anytone 878 handie talkie to listen in to what I can locally and all of a sudden this showed up. I never programmed the FD in Okmulgee into the talkie, but they are on this frequency as well with that color and time slot. They have been running wants and warrants on vehicles as well as individuals as well as being present when asked by US Marshalls or FBI when serving arrest warrants that I have heard being dispatched.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
I understood this as well. However, over the last week and a half, I have heard what "sounds" like units that are answering with "Nations" and a unit number in various counties around eastern Oklahoma. I hear this on 155.64750 color code 13 and time slot 2 of DMR in talk group 1210. This would be a shared frequency now with Okmulgee County EMS south which is time-slotted 1 and still color-coded 13 which is in talk group 1030. I am using an Anytone 878 handie talkie to listen in to what I can locally and all of a sudden this showed up. I never programmed the FD in Okmulgee into the talkie, but they are on this frequency as well with that color and time slot. They have been running wants and warrants on vehicles as well as individuals as well as being present when asked by US Marshalls or FBI when serving arrest warrants that I have heard being dispatched.

Have you by any chance listened to okwin at the same time to see if they are patched or seperate?

WB7WVG

As the Anytone is only DMR capable, no, I have not monitored the OKWIN system to see if it is also there or being "patched".

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
RR is showing 155.6475, CC13, TG1210, SL2 as Okmulgee Co Fire South. Are you saying it’s not?

WB7WVG

I have never heard the Okmulgee FD on that frequency. I too see it referenced by RR as being on that frequency. All I am saying is I now am hearing what I am assuming is Creek Nation Lighthorse utilizing it. I live in Henryetta and only have a DMR-capable Transceiver for Ham use that tunes these frequencies and allows me to Monitor them. I do not have access to a radio that is P25 capable of confirming or denying that Lighthorse has "changed" frequencies or is using both DMR and OKWINs system.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I have never known Creek Nation to be on OKWIN. When I was working on Tulsa about two months ago, they were still on analog conventional. Never heard a talkgroup that matched the frequency I heard them on. Also don’t remember seeing a database every for Creek Lighthorse PD..

WB7WVG

RR shows Muscogee (Creek) Nation Lighthorse to be on not only OKWIN P25 interoperability but also have an analog on the 166.2750 frequency and using PL tones of 127.3.
As you are aware the Anytone 878UV+ is DMR capable yet not P25 and does not tune to the 800mhz bands that OKWIN is operating on.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
RR shows Muscogee (Creek) Nation Lighthorse to be on not only OKWIN P25 interoperability but also have an analog on the 166.2750 frequency and using PL tones of 127.3.
As you are aware the Anytone 878UV+ is DMR capable yet not P25 and does not tune to the 800mhz bands that OKWIN is operating on.

Where are you seeing Muscogee (Creek) Nation Lighthorse in the OKWIN database?

All I see when I search "Creek" is Creek County. When I search "Mus" I see Muskogee Police and Muskogee County SO.

When I search "Lighthorse", all I find is Chickasaw.

WB7WVG

The copied paste below is what I am reading as to the inclusion of Muscogee (Creek) Nation Lighthorse in the OKWIN network, yet I too when I search IT, find no mention of the Specific Muscogee (Creek) Nation on it.
Muscogee (Creek) Nation

The Muscogee (Creek) Nation Lighthorse Tribal Police provide law enforcement on tribal land and assist other law enforcement agencies in the County.
Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) (P25)
Project 25 Phase I
Muscogee (Creek) Nation Police use this system

As stated in my original post, I am hearing what I "assume" to be the Creek Nation Tribal Police (Lighthorse) due to them including the wordage of Nations in their transmissions when calling their dispatch office. They respond to that dispatch from all the surrounding counties when a specific unit states the county in the transmission. I also was asking Am I the only one hearing it, and by what responses I am getting I will assume I am the only one.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Think you could capture a recording of it. I hear them in Tulsa but not on a DMR system and I also thought they had an OKWIN ID but I'm not seeing it right now. Any chance it might be the Cherokee Nation? The Frequency I listen to (Creek Nation) on is 166.2750.

Last edited:

WB7WVG

This website won't allow me to post a .wav file as it is too large, and an mp3 is not allowed, just pictures I guess

WB7WVG

POst the MP3 but change the fine name extension to .txt
My Windows 11 system will not allow me to do that, I did try and got the response that the file is too large for this system to handle.
If you wish to hear it, send me a DM with an email address and I will attempt to send the file directly.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
When I looked at Okmulgee County yesterday, I looked at this System:
Okmulgee County Trunking System, , Oklahoma (radioreference.com) so I plugged in the Mounds site and the Frequency listed in the post above on my SDS200 running off a Scantenna. I didn't hear anything until this morning, on Mounds and it was ID 1080.
Then I looked again today and went into this System:
Okmulgee County, Oklahoma (OK) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference (radioreference.com)
Are these really two different systems, or just another entry of the same one?
I will run a logger on the radio tonight. I see that 1080 is Henryetta Fire Dispatch, but the brief traffic I heard didn't seem Fire related.

nd5y

Are these really two different systems, or just another entry of the same one?
It looks to me like both are the same system. The system type says: "DMR Conventional Networked".

For some stupid reason certain multi site DMR conventional systems are listed in the DB as trunked systems but it's not consistent.

Stephen

Lighthorse nation last time I saw carries three separate radios, XTL (OKWIN), XPR not sure what band, and a CDM series not sure of band in their units. Portables were for OKWIN but that was near Love County.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I'm too far out to get any real traffic, but I did get some hits on 154.9875 and an unknown ID of 9252 and 8398128. I'll try again tonight.
Untitled1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.