Has Vanderbilt Rebanded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg_nashville

I just noticed today that Vanderbilt's control channel has moved to 853.46250. I am able to receive audio on frequencies in the 850s, but not 860s. Has anyone reprogrammed their Pro-96 yet to full receive Vandy?

Some of the new frequencies showing up:

Last edited:

bg_nashville

I just programmed the table given in the sticky thread in the Radio Shack Scanners forum and it seems to work just fine now.

Last edited:

enforcertn

Yes, they have rebanded the system and added two new P25 digital talkgrops to the P.D.s existing digital talkgroup.
All other talkgroups on the trunk remain analog.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
motoapco25 said:
has the Database been updated to reflect this change ?

Do you know when Metro Nashville will reband? I have the GRE 500 and the Uniden 996, both programmed to receive Metro. What will I need to do once, or before, rebanding takes place?

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I'm monitoring the Vandy system just for giggles and tonight: June 14, 2008 @ 2310 they are using 852.925 as the control channel. I guess it's going to bounce around.

bg_nashville

I'm monitoring the Vandy system just for giggles and tonight: June 14, 2008 @ 2310 they are using 852.925 as the control channel. I guess it's going to bounce around.

Yes, their CC changes at least daily.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Well, i'm having similar issues with both my PRO-2096 and PSR-500. I've punched in all the control channels and on both radios the CC is all you need to trunk. Well, it's picking up some but not others. Its kind of hard to explain on a keyboard but it would show (and be flashing) an 86x.xxxx number but there'd be no sound or it would be making a static sound. So after i saw that i manually went thru the ALL the freqs (i punched the voice channels in too) and i'd hear talking on 851.85 (for example) and i'd check the PSR-500 and it'd be flashing the 86x.xxxx freq but no talk group and no voice and 851.85 will not come up in trunk mode. I'm still monkeying with it a little bit at a time but not there yet. Push buttons/trial and error, the funnest part of scanning. It seems it's not following properly. Prob operator error but right now i've exhausted all leads. BG_Nashville, is your problem similar too mine?

bg_nashville

Well, i'm having similar issues with both my PRO-2096 and PSR-500. I've punched in all the control channels and on both radios the CC is all you need to trunk. Well, it's picking up some but not others. Its kind of hard to explain on a keyboard but it would show (and be flashing) an 86x.xxxx number but there'd be no sound or it would be making a static sound. So after i saw that i manually went thru the ALL the freqs (i punched the voice channels in too) and i'd hear talking on 851.85 (for example) and i'd check the PSR-500 and it'd be flashing the 86x.xxxx freq but no talk group and no voice and 851.85 will not come up in trunk mode. I'm still monkeying with it a little bit at a time but not there yet. Push buttons/trial and error, the funnest part of scanning. It seems it's not following properly. Prob operator error but right now i've exhausted all leads. BG_Nashville, is your problem similar too mine?

That is how mine operated before I went into win96 and made the custom table to reflect the rebanding. Check the PSR-500 forums and see if they know how to reprogram for the rebanding. It is probably similar since both are made by GRE.

Status
Not open for further replies.