hastings highlands east fire repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3JWO

hello
if anybody here uses a analog scanner to monitor the hastings highlands east fire dispatch channel (460.3125), some of their conversations are p25 now. As far as I know, not ALL the stations are p25, just a small handfull of them. Most stations are analog, but more are appearing in p25 mode, instead of FMN mode.
460.3125 MHZ is the repeater for ALL Hastings Highlands East Fire stations. A small handfull of them are now p25.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Damn....so that's what all that racket was. I noticed that lately on there. Funny thing is though, I was hearing it come through even with the PL Tone on.

Didn't think they needed a PL tone when it was P25.

Suppose if I took the PL off and just not put it in search mode would fix the cause of the racket coming through. I'll make the change shortly.

Not sure why I still get this frequency but I do.

hello
if anybody here uses a analog scanner to monitor the hastings highlands east fire dispatch channel (460.3125), some of their conversations are p25 now. As far as I know, not ALL the stations are p25, just a small handfull of them. Most stations are analog, but more are appearing in p25 mode, instead of FMN mode.
460.3125 MHZ is the repeater for ALL Hastings Highlands East Fire stations. A small handfull of them are now p25.

Last edited:

VA3JWO

ya, i was just recently monitoring it, when I the heard the p25 noise
I have a uniden bc245xlt scanner, so its analog and I can hear the noise.
At this point, I don't understand why some county so remote would need their frequency digital
They have a VERY STRONG repeater in the bannockburn/ madoc area i figure. I can hear the frequency and the dispatch with the antenna DISCONNECTED; funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.