• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Hateful (Anti-Illegal Immigration) billboard campaign hits Tucson

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_M

I'm all for this crack down on illegal immigrants. If you want to become a US citizen you should go through the proper channels.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi guys,

"I guess there are 3 sides to each story."

There's your side, his side, then there is the truth.

Those with eyes to see and ears to hear and brains to process information can separate truth from government sponsored media window dressing more properly known as propaganda lies. Do you think that Canada closing the door and America's opening had something to do with Nixon's scurrilous NAFTA deal maybe? Do you think that Vincente Fox isn't gleefully grinning as he fully supports the illegals and rampant drug traffic while handing us lip service? Does it remind you of Castro and the Marielitos? Heck, they even made a movie out of that, Paul Muni was a tame, run of the mill Chicago gangster in the original while Al Pacino brought the truth to light.

"If you want to become a US citizen you should go through the proper channels."

I suppose you listen to them on your scanner. (;->)

"YO SOY EL ARMY"

Yeah, los Estados Unidos de Mexico. (Bet you didn't know that EU de M is the proper name.)

OK, we just love to bash Mexicans but they're just the tip of the iceberg! If you take a look around you'll see more illegals from China, the Middle East, India, Pakistan, Russia and more countries that can be named here. I have seen entire towns quite literally taken over and looking like cities in foreign lands, if the government didn't turn a blind eye mine wouldn't have anything to say. In light of the TRUTH it seems those who cry "racism" are trying to cover guilt with "civil rights" and they're not even CITIZENS!

Rant over, but one final note. God bless those who fly the flag of thier homeland UNDER ours and GOD BLESS AMERICA, the land I love and the legal immigrants appreciate as much as I. (Even if the government stinks I'm proud to be a part of the Nation and it's people!)

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
A poll taken recently in Texas "should illegal Mexican immigrants be deported"

41% Yes
59% No comprendo

Guess it depends on your location. However, a report yesterday stated that cucumbers will soon be rotting in Florida because not enough pickers are available.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
rdale said:
What exactly is 'hateful' about securing our borders?
Exactly. If someone enters the country illegally, calling them an illegal immigrant isn't hateful, it is a true, accurate statement.

rdale said:
What exactly is 'hateful' about securing our borders?
Ah... doesn't make logical sense, does it? But we've forgetten, logic isn't required for any agenda or position that you can make *popular*. It's easy to popularize (or criminalize) any agenda or position by playing on the emotions and tendency towards sloth of most people. In others words... make them feel good (or bad) and you can expect them not to figure out the facts beneath the good (bad) feelings. And then you just wrangle dem sheep right into the voting booths.

This disturbing trend seems to be becoming increasingly prevalent. The 2000 and 2004 Presidential elections saw more emotionally driven politics than ever before. The elections in 2008 ought to be a real treat.

:(

John_M

kb2vxa Wrote:

"If you want to become a US citizen you should go through the proper channels."

I suppose you listen to them on your scanner. (;->)
I don't have to listen to them on my scanner. That is my stance.

nexus

Did anyone catch Last night's season primere of 30 DAYS on FX NETWORKS?

Morgan (creator of the show and the one who did SUPER SIZE ME) had a Texas Minuteman Border Patrol person live with a family of illegals from Mexico for 30 days in Los Angeles. It was pretty clear by the end of the show, and his 30 days that his outlook of them had changed.

nexus

No, he made friends with the family. For the entire 30 days he was very convicted by his beliefs that the border needed to be closed and every single illegal deported. In fact when he first got there he said that he really felt like having ICE come haul them all off. He was pretty hardcore.

By day 20 he was invited to visit the husband's brother who still lives in Central Mexico. So he went and got a "new perspective" on the situation. He got to see the house that the host family lived in prior to crossing the border. The entire family of 7 lives in a one bedroom apartment in east LA right now. But the house they had in Mexico was 4 brick walls and a piece of cloth for a door, and no floor, it was dirt, and the roof was half gone, mostly tin and some lumber, oh and the entire structure was only about 300 feet max. No bathroom, no defined kitchen or sleeping space. It was just like a shed. And was totally overgrown with weeds inside and out.

His brother and parents weren't living in much better conditions. Maybe a little bit larger, but still no floors, dirty, it looks like a shed out in the middle of no where. The husband of the host family had no choice, he had no money, no income, he couldn't provide for his wife and children. So he crossed the border, started taking any work he could get, got an apartment, and had his wife and kids smuggled over.

They have this one girl she's 18 (pretty cute looking too) and she just graduated HS with honors (3.8 GPA) and has asperations to goto Princton. She didn't get accepted because of her status, but she did get into another college. Anyhow the minuteman formed a bond with her. She seemed very intelligent. The whole family seemed pretty cool. It totally changed his outlook. He left them considering them as "friends" and no longer does any border patrol activites with the minuteman group as a result of his experience.

Go-24

nexus said:
She didn't get accepted because of her status ...
What status was that?

Hell if we let illegals join our armed forces, we shouldn't have an issue with them going to college!

nexus said:
By day 20 he was invited to visit the husband's brother who still lives in Central Mexico. So he went and got a "new perspective" on the situation. He got to see the house that the host family lived in prior to crossing the border. The entire family of 7 lives in a one bedroom apartment in east LA right now. But the house they had in Mexico was 4 brick walls and a piece of cloth for a door, and no floor, it was dirt, and the roof was half gone, mostly tin and some lumber, oh and the entire structure was only about 300 feet max. No bathroom, no defined kitchen or sleeping space. It was just like a shed. And was totally overgrown with weeds inside and out.
I have nothing against immigrants, all of our anscestors were, but I feel they should go through the proper channels, just as my great grand parents did when they went through Ellis Island coming from Poland. I don't support illegal immigrants. While they do do many jobs others won't, they also hurt the economy, and country as a whole, while exemplifing a glaring problem in our nations security. We have poor of our own, and should take care of them first, before excepting poor from other countries.

Maybe if Mexico and other Latin American countries took care of thier problems, instead of running to the US (where it isn't the supposed promise land by any means), they wouldn't have this extreme poverty in thier countries (which even exists to an extent in America).

Also, theres even a more personal connection to illegal immigration. Last year, a deputy Chief of the New Brunswick Fire Department (an adjacent city and urban center, which has been pretty much over run by illegals), James DeHeron (knowns as Jimmy D), was killed while responding to a fire in a residential building. How did he die? He was in the process of saving in excess of 20 illegals living in a burning single family home. Jimmy D was a hero, but he could of still been around...

nexus said:
No, he made friends with the family. For the entire 30 days he was very convicted by his beliefs that the border needed to be closed and every single illegal deported. In fact when he first got there he said that he really felt like having ICE come haul them all off. He was pretty hardcore.

His brother and parents weren't living in much better conditions. Maybe a little bit larger, but still no floors, dirty, it looks like a shed out in the middle of no where. The husband of the host family had no choice, he had no money, no income, he couldn't provide for his wife and children. So he crossed the border, started taking any work he could get, got an apartment, and had his wife and kids smuggled over.

They have this one girl she's 18 (pretty cute looking too) and she just graduated HS with honors (3.8 GPA) and has asperations to goto Princton. She didn't get accepted because of her status, but she did get into another college. Anyhow the minuteman formed a bond with her. She seemed very intelligent. The whole family seemed pretty cool. It totally changed his outlook. He left them considering them as "friends" and no longer does any border patrol activites with the minuteman group as a result of his experience.
All I can say to that is so what. If you want to come over come over. But get the VISA's and everything first. Empathy or sympathy for ones bad conditions previouus to coming over does not give them a free pass at breaking our laws. Does not give them a free pass to use our services, our tax dollar suppoorted education system, our ER's or anything else. Heck the proposed amnesty goves them 2 years waived in past taxes. Where is our 2 free years and what laws are we free to break because of our bad situations?

iamhere300

Premium Subscriber
STiMULi said:
...a firestorm is brewing over the placement of a billboard off of Tucson's Interstate 10 which proclaims: "Stop the Invasion, Secure Our Borders"

More here: http://vivirlatino.com/2006/07/26/hateful-billboard-campaign-hits-tucson.php

I guess there are 3 sides to each story...

True
False
Wacked :)

I am glad to see that the donations I, and many others have made to Grassfire.org
have made a difference.

If one wants to come to the US, GREAT! I look forward to seeing you here. All
I ask is that you show me from the begining that you will be a law abiding person.

If you come here breaking the law from the start however, I don't want you here.

Play by the rules is all I ask.

jeffrey420

fmon said:
A poll taken recently in Texas "should illegal Mexican immigrants be deported"

41% Yes
59% No comprendo

Guess it depends on your location. However, a report yesterday stated that cucumbers will soon be rotting in Florida because not enough pickers are available.
I hear all the time, they are doing the jobs Americans won't do. The truth of the matter is that Americans don't want to do the jobs for the cheap wages that employers want to pay. All you have to do is the math to figure it out. There was an apartment complex being built here in this area. The builder got the job by bidding less than half of all other bids for the job. Six months into the job he was busted for having mostly illegals on the job. Now that the whistle has been blown the builder will loose money on the job.

People think they are just getting good prices on all the stuff they buy. TV's for $70 not possible if made here. We are slowly selling ourselves down the river, the Yangzi river in fact.

nexus

ok you people are getting out of hand here.. I was just asking if anyone had seen the episode of 30 days the other night regarding the border issue. I was explaining something that was questioned of me. I personally feel they should be deported too. so don't think my comments were mexican sympathy because its not. This was in response to NEWBIE and Eric T.

Go-24, her status meaning that she was illegal, not naturalized. Princton turned her down because of that status. (no papers) sorry for not being more clear on that.

jeffrey420

nexus said:
ok you people are getting out of hand here.. I was just asking if anyone had seen the episode of 30 days the other night regarding the border issue. I was explaining something that was questioned of me. I personally feel they should be deported too. so don't think my comments were mexican sympathy because its not. This was in response to NEWBIE and Eric T.

Go-24, her status meaning that she was illegal, not naturalized. Princton turned her down because of that status. (no papers) sorry for not being more clear on that.
What exactly do you mean by "you people"?

Bill2k

I have no problem with illegal immigrants staying in the US to work. I have a problem with the burdon they are placing on society.

I do not want to be treated special, I just want to be treated like an illegal alien ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.