Hatzoloh / Hazolah current frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know where Hatzoloh / Hazolah volunteer ems are heard?

Past thread from way back 2007-2009 (see below) said fleetcom 900mhz TG 50640, others said Toronto system,
Tafl has simplex frequencies 451.4375/456.4375

Any confirmation? I scanned the fleetcom system on my HP for a week in discovery mode and got nothing for that TG

http://forums.radioreference.com/new-york-radio-discussion-forum/59725-hatzolah-ems-2.html

http://forums.radioreference.com/ea...on-forum-archives/86846-hatzalah-toronto.html

pathalogical

They aren't on Fleetnet. I have them in my radio as 451.4375 as you stated. My ct/dcs is on search so I can't give you the exact tone. I do hear them on that freq. Since I'm quite a bit away from Bathurst St I don't hear them regularly, I guess ya gotta be close to the area they service, HATZOLOH they have a coverage map.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I never knew this organization exsisted. In my 10 yrs living in the 416 I lived either on Bathurst or within a KM away for the most part.

mciupa

Database Admin
Does anybody know where Hatzoloh / Hazolah volunteer ems are heard?

Tafl has simplex frequencies 451.4375/456.4375

Any confirmation?

Hi Kris, Finally heard them tonight on 451.4375 with a 103.5 PL , it was coming in three bars on the HomePatrol here in Rexdale.

I've been in Downsview a couple of times since you posted this thread and never heard a thing other than the Morse identifier.

I've updated the database to include it so "gentlemen ... start your scanners" :lol:

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
Shalom: Found this feed on RR. It is very active. NYC has the largest Hatzolah Org. In North America. Their training, equipment, and fleet are amazing. Eric, I also was somewhat in the dark about them til now. I knew there was a Hebrew Ambulance/First Responder system, it was not until I Wiki Them that I gained the scope of the service they provide too their community. I am very impressed. They respone to anything from Gen.unwell/MVC's/Cardiac Arrest. Avg. Response time 3min.

Hatzolah EMS - NY/NNJ Metro Live Audio Feed

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

emcomm said:
I can answer any Hatzolah questions you may have ? :)

best

I have a few questions if I may?

I lived many years on Roselawn Ave. Just north of us was a very wealthy area, kinda isolated where many orthodox jews lived. Would this Ems service be used by orthodox jews only or was it used by all?

Would this EMS service have a deal to take patients to mt. Siani hospital? Would the clients still prefer to be sent there when there are Jewish doctors at every major hospital in the city?

Could gentiles use it?

In Montreal there was I remember a girlfriend of mine who's family became religiousd and I think her family had a EMs unit similair to this organization parked at their house.

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber

I have a few questions if I may?
I lived many years on Roselawn Ave. Just north of us was a very wealthy area, kinda isolated where many orthodox jews lived. Would this Ems service be used by orthodox jews only or was it used by all?

Would this EMS service have a deal to take patients to mt. Siani hospital? Would the clients still prefer to be sent there when there are Jewish doctors at every major hospital in the city?

Could gentiles use it?

In Montreal there was I remember a girlfriend of mine who's family became religiousd and I think her family had a EMs unit similair to this organization parked at their house.

Eric: I found the link below very useful. The video is very well done and informative. Google Hatzolah NYC
They make Toronto look like..... well you get my point.

http://www.hatzolohtoronto.ca/

Last edited:

CanWoodsman

The above link explains the Toronto Hatzoloh operation.
They don't operate an Ambulance service in Toronto but do respond to their community & give medical first response until they hand over the casualty to the regular EMS.

emcomm

Hatzolah, while set up for and used by the Jewish community, will come to ANYONE who calls them or whom they find in need. The truth is however, the non-Jewish communities don't often call them. Of course there are always exceptions, our long-time close Italian neighbors swear by Hatzolah in case of an emergency. In the Jewish communities there is a significantly higher saturation of EMTs and Medics that can respond then the FDNY EMS. Sometimes both agencies will roll on a call or show up on the same call, everyone plays nice.

In regard to Mt. Sinai, I know Hazolah goes there--but they also go to Good Samaritan and Catholic Hospital, usually the closest receiving center for a code or other major ALS issue.

On a side note, I was listening to the 9/11 FDNY tapes the other day and it was interesting to hear a fireman come up on the radio during the disaster and say "I have Hatzolah here with me, where should we stage?" Many people don't realize that Hatzolah is on-duty in Manhattan 24/7 too.

best

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
Hatzolah, while set up for and used by the Jewish community, will come to ANYONE who calls them or whom they find in need. The truth is however, the non-Jewish communities don't often call them. Of course there are always exceptions, our long-time close Italian neighbors swear by Hatzolah in case of an emergency. In the Jewish communities there is a significantly higher saturation of EMTs and Medics that can respond then the FDNY EMS. Sometimes both agencies will roll on a call or show up on the same call, everyone plays nice.

In regard to Mt. Sinai, I know Hazolah goes there--but they also go to Good Samaritan and Catholic Hospital, usually the closest receiving center for a code or other major ALS issue.

On a side note, I was listening to the 9/11 FDNY tapes the other day and it was interesting to hear a fireman come up on the radio during the disaster and say "I have Hatzolah here with me, where should we stage?" Many people don't realize that Hatzolah is on-duty in Manhattan 24/7 too.

best

Ever since this thread appeared it spiked my interest.In my role as a Funeral Director I have had the wonderful oppertunity of working with families and leaders from ALL religions and faiths. As a Christian the knowledge I have gained from this experience is very enlighteniing. Over the last few day's I have looked into Hatzolah through Wiki and many other sites, many sponsered by Hatzolah >ogr. From my understanding the "concept" is the same. Too meet the needs of the Orthodox Hebrew Community in their region. The Hatzolah (Toronto) site has a wonderful and very informative video, that does mention they serve mostly the very close and tight-knit Orthodox Jewish Community. Most of the members of Hatzolah are Orthodox Jews and are known to the families they serve. They are able to meet the unique and strict rules that a Jew is required to observe, daily, on the Sabbath, and other Holy Day's. I have (in my professional role) only interacted with Hatzolah once, and they were very helpful and even provided guidance when speaking with the family. Although they mainly serve their community, I know for fact that in situations such as an MVC they will porvide aid to ANYONE in need regardless of their faith. I know that RR has a feed for Hatzolah NYC. As with any organization there are some negative critizisms, but I would think the positive far out weighs the con's. In many cases Hatzolah members are Md's, or trained emt's. In closing I would recomend anyone who wishes to learn more follow some of the links provided on these threads. If I was in a position that I need immediate help, while waiting ems, I could care less who comes to my aid, as long as they are trained to assist me in my time of need.

CanWoodsman

The Hatzolah services in Toronto & in New York appear to be different in their levels of service.
In Toronto they are not an ambulance service but do respond to calls and apparently often arriving before the local EMS. Their priority role will be to provide emergency medical first response until they hand over the causality to the EMS. Secondary role would be as a liaison between the Jewish community & the EMS system. As for assisting other groups than their target community I'm sure they would help if they were asked or if they happened upon the scene.

emcomm

Some Hatzolah members in Brooklyn NY speak Arabic because they are members of the Syrian/Egypian/Lebanese Jewish community here. There is a new Hatzolah in Miami, just started.

nfd24norf

Hatzolah Flatbush/Boro Park

Not to beat a dead horse, but another little tid bit of info, the Hatzolah units in the Flatbush and Boro Park Section's of Brooklyn respond to a heavy, heavy call load of aiding and transporting non-Jews. I would even venture to say over half of their patients are not Jewish. Although not like the 70's and 80's, there is still some pretty rough non-Jewish terrain in Flatbush that is very low income and Hatzolah routinely answers calls for those sections of Brooklyn along with NYC EMS.

Flickr: NYbuff's Photostream Here are some great photos of Hatzolah in action mainly taken in Brooklyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.