• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Have 2 APX 8000 systems, cant find specs, looking to sell these asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosgs

Hey guys/girls,

I dont know anything at all about radios, im an IT guy but nothing about radios. I won an auction that had some APX 8000s in there, all I wanted was the servers. Im trying to find a spec sheet to see what addons it has. Both systems are almost completely full of addon cards (prob wrong term). I dont have any of the walkie talkies, just 2 systems which I assume are receivers. Its frustrating that I cant find any info on these things. Scrolling through this forum all I can find out is they are rare, not sold to public and massively expensive.

Im in the DFW area looking to sell these asap. With a spec sheet I might part out the modules. Any help in trying to find the specs and a good place to sell it would be appreciated.

ResqChief201

Premium Subscriber
APX 8000s are Portable Transceivers.... the APX8500 is a mobile radio but these just came out a few months ago so its safe to assume none have hit the third party market yet... you may want to confirm the model number and maybe post a picture or two if you are uncertain. Many members here can tell you what you have within minutes.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Im in Dallas and am familiar with them and own an APX7000 so if your local we can meet up and ill see if i can help.
do you have the ability to PM me?

clbsquared

Why can't I ever be lucky enough to just stumble upon a couple APX8000's hanging out in a box of computer stuff.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

chaosgs

Well this is embarrassing but I finally found a spec sheet. Its an very old year 2000 model internet switch. That frustrates me, I sent a pic to my friend's uncle who insisted it was a receiver in communications. Darn Motorola for having duplicate model names!

All I had to do is look like a fool to have it figured out, thanks guys!

clbsquared

https://www.google.com/search?q=Luc...ndroid-att-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

First search result has a 200+ page PDF of what this thing is capable of. While there may be a way to link a radio system to it, it's main purpose appears to be for phone lines, data lines, Ethernet, etc. You might have better luck selling it or getting more info on it, on a site better suited for telecommunications and IT things of this type.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
And now we know. Lucent Technologies APX 8000 and Motorola APX8000 are two completely different animals. :)

No harm for asking questions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.