Have BCDx36HPs Really Dropped in Price?

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CQ

Have the BCDx36HPs really dropped in price now that the latest SDS flagship scanner hit the shelves? And should you really get one?

BCD536HP
Uniden Bearcat BCD536HP Digital Police Scanner | HomePatorl Series
$480

UNIDEN BCD536HP Scanners, BCD536HP
$500

https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-BCD53...K2/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=
$500

Uniden Bearcat BCD536HP Scanner
$660

HomePatrol Series Scanner with Wi-Fi - Uniden
$660 - Out of Stock

BCD436HP
https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-BCD43...AK/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=
$415

Uniden BCD436HP Digital Police Scanner|HomePatrol Radio Series
$449

UNIDEN BCD436HP Scanners, BCD436HP
$460

Uniden Bearcat BCD436HP Scanner
$490

HomePatrol Series Scanner - Uniden
$600

SDS100
UNIDEN SDS-100 Scanners, SDS100
$650

Uniden Bearcat SDS100 Scanner
$650

Uniden SDS100 Digital Police Scanner |Digital Police Scanner Radio
$650

https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-SDS10...ie=UTF8&qid=1549846378&sr=8-1&keywords=sds100
$650

True I/Q™ Digital Handheld Scanner - Uniden
$700 - Out of Stock

SDS200
UNIDEN SDS-200 Scanners, SDS200
$700

Uniden Bearcat SDS200 Scanner
$700

Uniden SDS200 Police Scanner | Bearcat Handheld Digital Police Radio
$700

https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-SDS20...ie=UTF8&qid=1549846378&sr=8-8&keywords=sds100
$700

SDS200 True I/Q™ TrunkTracker X Base/Mobile Scanner - Uniden
$750 - Out of Stock

What really needs to drop in price are the TRX-X series if they want to sell any.

Oh wait, what does this mean? Always seen a price or discontinued and they never show stock availability (in or out.)

1549848146906.png

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
About a week ago on Amazon, the BCD436HP was $373. I was thinking about getting another but didn't. If the price drops back to that I might just get another one.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I bought mine in Dec. '14 for $409. It was from a friend who had a small electronics shop. I found out later he sold it to me at cost, but I believe Scanner Master had it at just about the same price at the time.

rs16

Premium Subscriber
About a week ago on Amazon, the BCD436HP was $373. I was thinking about getting another but didn't. If the price drops back to that I might just get another one.

I was watching that $373 also. There was a 3rd party seller that was offering them at about $373, so the Amazon price dropped down to match it. I don't know if that is an automatic thing, but now that the 3rd party seller's item is gone/sold, the price has returned to $415.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
They have dropped on the used market somewhat, yes. That is what many are referring to when they comment about a price drop. $300 for a like new 536 with DMR and NXDN keys already in it is a good deal.

Peerlessk

They have dropped on the used market somewhat, yes. That is what many are referring to when they comment about a price drop. $300 for a like new 536 with DMR and NXDN keys already in it is a good deal.
That’s a great deal considering I’m asking more for mine elsewhere . With upgrades

Ordered a 536 last week brand new for $458.90 from the Uniden factory outlet. Hopefully it'll ship soon, said 1-2 week lead time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mule1075

Feed Provider
But those deals are few and far between. The average going rate is $375 and has remained constant over the past 6-8 months.

Bob1955

Amazon.com is really getting to be a "PIECE OF CRAP" company "CONSTANTLY" playing games with Uniden America Corp(Bearcat) prices. I'm done with them. I wouldn't buy from them if they were the LAST company left in the WORLD. Sorry everyone.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Amazon.com is really getting to be a "PIECE OF CRAP" company "CONSTANTLY" playing games with Uniden America Corp(Bearcat) prices. I'm done with them. I wouldn't buy from them if they were the LAST company left in the WORLD. Sorry everyone.

I'm going to assume this was posted in jest. If it was meant seriously it shows you don't understand how Amazon works...don't blame Amazon for sellers' "games" as you call them. Many sell on Amazon and eBay both and are reputable.

chrisfburke

I bought my 436 on Amazon about three weeks ago as a Warehouse Deal for $310+tax. Did not come with a box, but otherwise pristine. My metro area just went encrypted. Thus, I'll be sending it back. Kinda stinks, loved the deal but don't really see myself getting much use out of it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bob1955

I bought my 436 on Amazon about three weeks ago as a Warehouse Deal for $310+tax. Did not come with a box, but otherwise pristine. My metro area just went encrypted. Thus, I'll be sending it back. Kinda stinks, loved the deal but don't really see myself getting much use out of it.

I think that BCD-436HP is junk anyhow so smart move. Has horrible receive on VHF/UHF and poor audio(sounds like it is under a pillow) compared to a Bearcat BC125AT.

Bob1955

I'm going to assume this was posted in jest. If it was meant seriously it shows you don't understand how Amazon works...don't blame Amazon for sellers' "games" as you call them. Many sell on Amazon and eBay both and are reputable.
Wasn't a joke...my opinion dude!

chrisfburke

I think that BCD-436HP is junk anyhow so smart move. Has horrible receive on VHF/UHF and poor audio(sounds like it is under a pillow) compared to a Bearcat BC125AT.
I I know, right! I was very disappointed by the UHF audio quality and the simulcast issues in my area were horrendous. It might be heresy to say around here but the streaming app is immensely more enjoyable to listen to because of the shotty audio and missed calls.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I I know, right! I was very disappointed by the UHF audio quality and the simulcast issues in my area were horrendous. It might be heresy to say around here but the streaming app is immensely more enjoyable to listen to because of the shotty audio and missed calls.

All scanners prior to the SDSx00 were terrible on simulcast. All. Some saw decent results with particular positions or yagi antennas but overall they were bad. So...what you are saying is nothing new.

chrisfburke

All scanners prior to the SDSx00 were terrible on simulcast. All. Some saw decent results with particular positions or yagi antennas but overall they were bad. So...what you are saying is nothing new.
For someone new to scanners, it is definitely not "nothing new".

Can you link to the threads explicitly warning new scanner owners to avoid use of the 436 on simulcast systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.