Have HP1 -- looking to buy new scanner. Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9nwo

I currently have a HP1. I gather that there are hardware differences between it and the HP2/BCD436HP which can do APCO P25 Phase II. I gather that the hardware would not allow the HP1 to be upgraded.

Which units can receive DMR?

I do like the smaller units for portability. Anything else that I should be thinking about?

N9NWO

SCPD

QRT
The BCD-436HP has close call,home Patrol doesnt.Programmable alert LED's on the 436HP,not on the Home Patrol.Do they do the same job,yes!If you dont need DMR the HP2 is fine.I am sure Uniden will eventually make a DMR update! Have faith....
If you want it all now,you need the BCD-436HP the only one that does DMR that and the 536HP,at this time.....But its a paid update.
The Whistler TRX1 and 2 come with DMR,so theres another option but then you loose the close call option that automatically finds nearby signals and plays em.

You like small then it has to be the 436HP,it programs like the Home Patrol within its own Sentinel program,its nice to use!

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
As far as Uniden, I believe that only the BCDx36 family can employ the optional DMR upgrade. I have seen many posts asking about future DMR capability for the Home Patrol line, but no official responses.

I understand that Whistler also offers DMR currently, along with the promise of a likely NXDN upgrade at some unspecified future time. Others might have more specific details on the Whistler products.

I currently own both the HP-1 and the HP-2. I really like them both... especially the display. I believe that you are correct in that the HP-1 can not be upgraded to receive P25 phase 2.

John AC4JK

Status
Not open for further replies.