Have just bought a whistler trx1e

millie616

Hi 82 yr old new to scanning signed for subscription, made mistakes on setup . Do I lose the pre programmed info if I take it back to factory state, cannot find my location on menu or has the trx1e done that automatically I am using utube vids but cannot find what I want ,do I have to use a PC to download if I want to keep it simple thanks in advance gus

BC_Scan

Welcome to the site
you can save a copy of what you have got or made , and yes PC is best for todays more complicated scanners
you would need to read the file that's in the scanner via a PC then save that and modify accordingly

made mistakes on setup

what do you consider a mistake ?

millie616

Hi thanks do I need to download the sd card to a PC if I don't want to as I just to keep it simple at this early time . Also if
I took it back to out of the box factory state would I lose all the pre programs installed . Thanks in advance. Gus

BC_Scan

Hi thanks do I need to download the sd card to a PC if I don't want to as I just to keep it simple at this early time . Also if
I took it back to out of the box factory state would I lose all the pre programs installed . Thanks in advance. Gus
always save whatever is paid for or pre-programmed, because once you understand scanner then you have something to fall back on ?
would I lose all the pre programs installed
Yes