Havequick training

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

At 1:00 p.m. EST I landed on 314.4500. That is a new one for here in Asheville. The conversation was less than 1 minute, clearly aircraft communication by the nature of the clipped, short, Pilot Speak. The only thing I could make out was that they were waiting on something to arrive, and I believe I heard the term ADS thrown in.
Next step, look it up. R.R. database lists it as Fallon in Nevada. Something termed Havequick, which I had never heard of. A wiki search explained to me what Havequick was, and produced a few forums of activity across the country.. I learned something today Havequick-- military frequency hopping, cool.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Similiar to HAVEQUICK

And you could have it too take a look at the DTR radios. 900 MHz ISM Frequency-Hopping Digital Spread Spectrum.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Sadly, if you physically heard it, it wasn't HAVE QUICK. HAVE QUICK FHSS utilizes frequency hop rates of 100+ hops per second, and no audio (and often no easily identifiable RF transmission) is identifiable on any single frequency in use by an active HAVE QUICK hopset. This makes jamming especially hard - it's very difficult to jam a conversation when you can't even find the frequencies in use.

That may be a frequency used in HAVE QUICK hopsets, but I guarantee that if you heard a conversation, it was simply being used in the vanilla AM waveform you're used to hearing, not FH. The only way to actually monitor a HAVE QUICK net is to have a HAVE QUICK capable radio programmed with and set to the correct hopset for that net. Hope that helps inform!

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I agree with above post. I have heard the time hack beeps on have quick that's about it no conversations. And to add I love my DTR radios with FHSS.

AlphaFive

Havequick

Yep, that makes absolute sense. In reading the wiki, Havequick sounded to my limited knowledge base like one of the A.L.E. systems in HF. And if that was the case, you are correct Sir, it wasn't Havequick. I simply have an unmarked frequency, and that in itself makes for a good day. Thank you all for the replies, I wasn't able to reply yesterday, I'm back now, Lance

prcguy

If you spend a little time and log most of the frequencies in a HAVE QUICk hop set, and have a bank of receivers, you can program them to all the different freqs and hear the conversation.
prcguy

Sadly, if you physically heard it, it wasn't HAVE QUICK. HAVE QUICK FHSS utilizes frequency hop rates of 100+ hops per second, and no audio (and often no easily identifiable RF transmission) is identifiable on any single frequency in use by an active HAVE QUICK hopset. This makes jamming especially hard - it's very difficult to jam a conversation when you can't even find the frequencies in use.

That may be a frequency used in HAVE QUICK hopsets, but I guarantee that if you heard a conversation, it was simply being used in the vanilla AM waveform you're used to hearing, not FH. The only way to actually monitor a HAVE QUICK net is to have a HAVE QUICK capable radio programmed with and set to the correct hopset for that net. Hope that helps inform!

carbineone

Premium Subscriber

DPCain NOT TRUE and not sure why you are giving bad info. Have Quick is standard AM transmission on a small hopset.I am not sure what you are talking about when you say no audio. If you are using a fast SDR receiver like AirSpy you can monitor HaveQuick. There are also known training frequency hop sets.

carbineone

Premium Subscriber
Thank you prcguy you beat me to the reply on this see my post. So yes you can monitor HaveQuick.

AlphaFive

Havequick

Thank you all,, I am definitely keeping an O.C.D. log,, so that it can be cross referenced with my 16 other logs that can somehow overlap. Haa, I'll keep listening here in Ashville. If something different comes up, I'll be sure to let you know. Take care

prcguy

I have access to some HAVE QUICK radios but have never programmed one. If someone who wanted to experiment with receiving was near where I live I could test one into a service monitor while they attempted to receive it.
prcguy

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you spend a little time and log most of the frequencies in a HAVE QUICk hop set, and have a bank of receivers, you can program them to all the different freqs and hear the conversation.
prcguy

This site lists a set of freqs. Is that it or are there other sets?
Military Comms HAVEQUICK What it Is and What It's Not

DPCain NOT TRUE and not sure why you are giving bad info. Have Quick is standard AM transmission on a small hopset.I am not sure what you are talking about when you say no audio. If you are using a fast SDR receiver like AirSpy you can monitor HaveQuick. There are also known training frequency hop sets.

Same site as above states one might hear a word or two. Is that statement false?

Not insinuating anything, just trying to learn about this topic..

Thanks

spacellamaman

At 1:00 p.m. EST I landed on 314.4500. That is a new one ... that they were waiting on something to arrive, and I believe I heard the term ADS thrown in.

so i had rx'd that freq in the past, but at the time of this thread had no info to contribute. on 11/08/2016 approx 2000hrs rx'd 314.45 clearly with good signal strength in central NC. A2A coms trying to work out some sort of issue. then "going to tell the tanker" mentioned. immediate switch over to 324.600 which i have down in my notes as Shaw/AR202/Lifter51, which i hear from time to time.

back and forth discussions convinced me both were related and from further reviewing things its my bet that 314.45 is KCHS based guys as it is listed here for discrete A2A comms:

http://static.e-publishing.af.mil/p...stonafbsup/afi11-2c-17v3_charlestonafbsup.pdf

can't seem to find anything at this point that connects 324.6 to AR202, but it is currently in use for AR207, which is what i would bet it was, my notes can never be trusted it seems.

prcguy

The link to the frequency list is not completely accurate. According to some instructions I've seen there are 5 training nets for basic HQ or 16 for HQ II. For tactical use you would program up to 1000 nets and there are nets designated for NATO and non NATO use.
prcguy

This site lists a set of freqs. Is that it or are there other sets?
Military Comms HAVEQUICK What it Is and What It's Not

Same site as above states one might hear a word or two. Is that statement false?

Not insinuating anything, just trying to learn about this topic..

Thanks

Last edited:

spacellamaman

I HAVELONG Update.

thought i would update this thread, being that it was the one that got me thinking about HAVEQUICK more specifically as a scanning challenge and started my habit of making note/alpha tag of anytime i came across a HQ associated freq. seeing repeated 314.45 no audio recordings over the past 6 mos with a "HQ" alpha tag is one of the reasons I finally realized it IS still being used.

In central NC, yesterday evening, i have it on good authority, that an individual (?) monitored frequency hopping on the HQ II FMT-Net frequencies. this was -Confirmed- by a monitor who is very, very, veeewwy careful about using the big C on basically anything.

its fast tho. seems conventional wisdom is best method in monitoring attempts. no delay for all freqs, just the basic 16 freq list, and as many scanners as you can muster (16 seems like a optimum number, but we all must work with the equipment we have, not the equipment we want..i miss Rumsfeld.)

i also have it on good authority that more details are to be posted elsewhere...state? service? its always tough to decide which half of the baby you want.

that is all.

AlphaFive

Thanks

Thank you for that.. If there is anyone who doesn't give up something, and keeps more notes around than me, it has to be you. I should be getting back to that band search in my rotation of bands in a week or two. I'm really looking forward to it now..take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.