Having Trouble Picking up Bal. City PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rm1854

I have a 3ft outdoor antenna outside the house I am bout 2 miles outside the city and cany seem to pick up the city police its all static... Anyone have any ideas as to why or how to fix the problem I know the frequenices are good I got them off rollcallradio.com also if anyone could give me some good frequines for baltimore county pd and fire that would be great.

troymail

Silent Key
I have a 3ft outdoor antenna outside the house I am bout 2 miles outside the city and cany seem to pick up the city police its all static... Anyone have any ideas as to why or how to fix the problem I know the frequenices are good I got them off rollcallradio.com also if anyone could give me some good frequines for baltimore county pd and fire that would be great.

BCity is requires a digital trunking scanner - What model scanner are you using?

rm1854

I am using a radioshack Pro 2050 its an older one I dont know a whole lot bout scanners, but knowing my luck this one prob wont pick it up lol.

rm1854

Okay thanks for the help I guess its time to update the old scanner. By doing that I should be able to pick up alot more channels in the area correct? and will the antenna I have up now work with a digital scanner??

rm1854

Okay cool thanks, Does anyone know the frequencies used when Baltimore County medics call into a hospital??? I can pick up the medic calling in it seems most of the time but I cant hear what the hospitals say back. I am mainly wanting to know for hospitals in the City and County thanks.

Last edited:

ResQguy

Meh
If they are using their MIEMSS issued UHF radio, you will need to listen to the 5MHz offset to hear the base transmitter. MED channels are non-repeated. If you do get a trunking scanner, you can put in the patch talkgroups for the MED channels and hear both sides.

rm1854

Okay thanks I have a trunking scanner i am using for now would you happen to know the talk group numbers or frequencies I would need to use??

ocguard

Okay cool thanks, Does anyone know the frequencies used when Baltimore County medics call into a hospital??? I can pick up the medic calling in it seems most of the time but I cant hear what the hospitals say back. I am mainly wanting to know for hospitals in the City and County thanks.

Baltimore City and Baltimore County medics use their respective 800mhz systems almost exclusively to call in to the hospitals. Once you upgrade your scanner, you'll be able to hear all of this traffic flawlessly (and both sides of the call, since it IS repeated). When programming your new scanner (whichever one you chose), be sure to include the talk groups in the database labeled "EMRC and MED." Hope this helps.

You can use your current analog trunking scanner to listen to Baltimore County's EMRC talk groups (not Baltimore City, since they're digital). The talk group IDs are 2416 (Call-221), 2448 (Med-224) and 2480 (Med-228).

Last edited:

rm1854

Baltimore City and Baltimore County medics use their respective 800mhz systems almost exclusively to call in to the hospitals. Once you upgrade your scanner, you'll be able to hear all of this traffic flawlessly (and both sides of the call, since it IS repeated). When programming your new scanner (whichever one you chose), be sure to include the talk groups in the database labeled "EMRC and MED." Hope this helps.

You can use your current analog trunking scanner to listen to Baltimore County's EMRC talk groups (not Baltimore City, since they're digital). The talk group IDs are 2416 (Call-221), 2448 (Med-224) and 2480 (Med-228).

Okay thanks alot for the help guys my only question is the talk group IDs you listed can I put those into the scanner just like they are typed above or is there more to it??? This is a stuip question I am sure but I am new to the whole scanning thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.