having trouble programming a system Illinois Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kc9lgh

Anyone in Illinois I need a little help. I have a Uniden BC780XLT trunk tracker III scanner and I am trying to listen to one of out local ambulance companies the system they are using is Diga-Talk NXDN NEXEDGE 4800 and their talkgroup is 1103 how can I program that into the scanner I have I appreciate any help that you can give thank you

tyytor

Hi I have bad news for you that scanner will not do nxdn, you will need a trx-1 or trx-2 from whistler.
or uniden bcd325p2 , bcd436hp, bcd536hp, sds100 or sdr 200 with nxdn paid upgrade.
Sorry for bad news, some of these can be had used.

ramblin82

I agree with tyytor. One option would be to perform a discriminator tap on your BC780XLT and then use DSDPlus to decode the NXDN. One last cheap option is to purchase a couple of SDR usb dongles and set them up with DSDPlus to decode NXDN, some good brands are Nooelec or RTL-SDR . One last thing is the Whistler TRX models don't truly trunk NXDN while the Uniden models do.

Last edited:

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I live in Illinois and I have the BC780XLT also but it will not do NXDN I keep it around for analog stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.