Having trouble with free scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

maderradio

Hello folks.
I'm Jerry Mader.
I'm in Saginaw Michigan.
I'm totally blind and use a uniden, BCD396xt.
Well here's the issue i'm having.
Hope someone can help me fix it because i need to get this repaired asap so that I can see what's going on with my scanner.
I'm having trouble with FreeScan.
It's producing an error when i try to use the virtual Control feature and it won't send any data to my scanner when I try to set the scanner options. It will however send frequency information. I need help with fixing the virtual control because i need to be able to see the display. And I'm totally blind so this is my only way to see the display.
Here's the error it gives
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click
Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If
you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
I've tried to contact the developer for help but no one responds to me. Could someone help me with fixing this issue? This was the only forem i was allowed to post in so that's why i written it here. Or at least this was the only forem that i found the link to let me make a new thread. If this isn't where to post things at could someone let me know where i can find the link so that I can post in the propor place?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Topic Moved

Normally we don't move posts from the New User forum, but in this special circumstance you will probably get better results by having your topic in the Scanner Programming Software forum. Hopefully the software author, who is a member and active here, will respond.

maderradio

I've tried all mentioned and they just won't work for me. I've uninstalled and reinstalled like five times. no luck. both the dot net framework, and the free scan program. still get the same error as i wrote above.
Later Jerry mader

vma

Hi,

Please try to delete the following key from the registry;

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\FreeSCAN

You might want to export the key first!

Alternatively, try to create a new user account for Windows and try to run FreeSCAN from this new account.

I suspect that your registry settings went bad!

Good luck!

Cheers,
vma

Status
Not open for further replies.