Having Trouble with Recent EZ Scan Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleslieiii

Tuesday, when I started EZ Scan it told me that there was a EZ Scan update and a library update to install, so I installed them. After the EZ Scan update, the program restarted and now the library update starts and abends every time I try to start EZ Scan. After the error, EZ Scan shuts down.

The message that I get is:
1597911283152.png
and I never get into the software to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jack

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
Received your email to support@whistlergroup.com but you did not attach your archived configuration.

I am able to update my library and Update Existing Channels from Library without any issues using my configuration.
I will need your configuration to see if there is a field that is causing the error you are experiencing.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
uninstall ezscan then reinstall via the download at whistlergroup.com

jleslieiii

Thanks.

That's what Whistler support told me too. It appears to have worked, but Windows Defender really doesn't like this version of EZ Scan. It offered me many opportunities to abort the download and the installation. I'm assuming that is what blocked the proper update the first time.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Thanks.

That's what Whistler support told me too. It appears to have worked, but Windows Defender really doesn't like this version of EZ Scan. It offered me many opportunities to abort the download and the installation. I'm assuming that is what blocked the proper update the first time.
No you missed some updates, there was a server certificate that was not renewed that caused this problem a couple of times now,

Status
Not open for further replies.