Hawai'i County Radio System Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Site #10 (Mt. Haleakala) control channel 154.445 appears to be active today. Perhaps some testing to begin.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
I've seen the following TG's pop up on the new site over the past couple of days. Pretty quiet today though.

6505 - HFD Dispatch
6502 - HFD Hamakua
6503 - HFD Kohala

6103 - HPD CID West
6105 - HPD Hamakua
6106 - HPD South Kohala

WD433

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
I've seen the following TG's pop up on the new site over the past couple of days. Pretty quiet today though.

6505 - HFD Dispatch
6502 - HFD Hamakua
6503 - HFD Kohala

6103 - HPD CID West
6105 - HPD Hamakua
6106 - HPD South Kohala

Scan 18,

I got the same thing when I went to Kapa'au yesterday when I took my Pro-668 (with Whistler Legacy Upgrade) out to test and sounded like a normal quiet day that side of the island, however, I did record the following TG while locked onto the Haleakala Site.

- 6502 - HFD Hamakua
- 6503 - HFD Kohala
- 6505 - HFD Ka'u (which for Whistler scanners is the Dispatch channel that picks it up when coming over the air.)
- 6512 - HFD Kohala 2 (Mainly Lifeguards using for communications between towers)

- 6103 - HPD CID West (Maunakea Ops lately)
- 6105 - HPD Hamakua (I got a couple of transmissions to come over the air)
- 6106 - HPD South Kohala
- 6107 - HPD North Kohala

The signal seemed pretty strong for it being over 43 miles away and improvement from North Kohala only having the Kahua Ranch Site. I'll be back there again this weekend to do another test with the BCD436HP and Unication G5 to see what else I can pick up.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Hey WD,

Thanks for the report...The site was quiet on Saturday, but today it was getting a lot of Kohala traffic (HPD and HFD).

I’m curious to see what TG’s will be affiliated with the new site full time, or if it will just be a “fill-in” site for any units that will be in range.

I am hoping that the Kohala TG’s (North and South) will be affiliated with the site full time. I miss being able to monitor the Kohala traffic here in Hamakua.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
The Mt. Haleakala site has been silent for a couple of months now. Control channel is active on 155.31, but zero traffic.

I had thought it would be in regular use by now after all the testing they were doing.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Radio maintenance was doing a lot of testing this morning on the new site. 4 locations, 3 different radios, 20 test transmissions per radio/location.
Based on the descriptions of the tests they were using an APX7000, APX8000 and APX6500 in each location.

WD433

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
Radio maintenance was doing a lot of testing this morning on the new site. 4 locations, 3 different radios, 20 test transmissions per radio/location.
Based on the descriptions of the tests they were using an APX7000, APX8000, and APX6500 in each location.
Scan 18,

I've been getting the same thing as well from Holualoa (with roughly 2 bars and on a clear day 3 maybe 4, if I'm lucky), Haleakala control channel is active with no transmission being heard.

But, over the last couple of days, I heard them doing a lot of testing at 4 locations and with 3 different radios on TGID 6997 as well. It surprised me when I picked up their testing transmissions from Keauhou Bay with at least 3 bars (surprising compared to how far away I was from the site).

I'm hoping this goes online full time soon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.