Haynes Ambulance 153.005 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
Haynes Ambulance in Elmore County is using 153.005. The base is in analog. What type of digital is the mobiles using ? I can't hear the mobile units. I have never heard of a digital mobile talking to a base analog until now. Is it sometype of simulcast ?

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
A quick search of the FCC database for the State of Alabama and 153.005 turned up only 12 licensed users none of which was Haynes Ambulance. Perhaps they are licensed under another name. I am not aware of any systems in which the base is analog and the mobiles are digital. Someone else familiar with your area may be able to give you more help.
BB

Avery93

Premium Subscriber

They are licensed for DMR voice and data, and their outputs are FB8 exclusive-use, meaning they can use trunking.

What you are describing sounds like a strange setup, but it is possible. Motorola XPR repeaters are capable of operating in dynamic mixed-mode, and I believe the XPR subscribers are too. This means that the radio will automatically detect and receive both digital and analog traffic on the same channel, without user intervention. I'm not sure if other DMR manufacturers offer dynamic mixed-mode (I know the Vertex EVX series doesn't), but if not then it's still possible by setting up scan a certain way.

SCPD

QRT
Looks like a lighting business not Haynes ambulance,they used to be on 155.235 do not know now.

SCPD

QRT
Haynes Ambulance (Montgomery)

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
151.97000 WQJP809 BM 311 DPL Haynes Ambul Ambulance Dispatch

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
After looking at the license more closer I relaized it may be a trunked system. I can pick up both 151.970 and 153.005. I will try to compare both of them at the same time. The term Emergency Lighting By Haynes can be tricky. I think it refers to the lighting setup for Lifeflight that they provide.

RadShackFan

After looking at the license more closer I relaized it may be a trunked system. I can pick up both 151.970 and 153.005. I will try to compare both of them at the same time. The term Emergency Lighting By Haynes can be tricky. I think it refers to the lighting setup for Lifeflight that they provide.

Emergency Lighting By Haynes is an actual business that sells and installs emergency equipment. They are located 1 block from the Ambulance dispatch office in Montgomery. Numerous city and county agencies, state troopers too, use them to install lights, sirens, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.