Hays Co. TX + San Marcos + LCRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadbyoung

Hello All
Does anyone know what radio's are used by the San Marcos PD? How about the radio's used by the Hays Co. EMS use?

Thanks, Chad

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
chadbyoung said:
Hello All
Does anyone know what radio's are used by the San Marcos PD? How about the radio's used by the Hays Co. EMS use?

Thanks, Chad

You look like you already have the answer in the title. :D

They are on the LCRA system. Quite a few talkgroups for both of them as well. If you aren't familiar with the system, it is an EDACS standard networked system on 900 MHz. You can program both sites in Hays County into your scanner, if it does EDACS trunking, and listen away.

bpckty1

Well, out of curiosity, to continue a bit on the radio question, what radio brand(s) do they use?

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
chadbyoung said:
Hello All

Thanks, Chad

I believe they are using the Ericcson LPE-200. I think that is the correct model number that most of the agencies are using. I've only seen one other model that was older and I didn't catch the number on it

justin624

Most agencies with EDACS systems are moving over to Jaguar portables (M/A-Com radios)

kiddy911

I'm new and don't know what to do but I would like to get the scanner frequencies for san marcos and hats county. Help?????????

kiddy911

I'm new and I wonder if anyone has the frequencies for san marcos and hays county. help???????

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
First, it's not necessary to post the same question twice in a row. Once is fine. :)

All the info you need can be found in the Database here. Click on the Database link at the top of your screen, then click on Texas on the map. Scroll down and click on Hays county. You will need to program the LCRA system to hear San Marcos.

Montz816

Emergency Communications
Premium Subscriber
I live in the Kyle area and would be happy to set you up but the only other question would be what type of radio you have?

Montz816

Emergency Communications
Premium Subscriber
also we do use the M/A Com LPE-200 and the older radio that was referred to is the G/E MRK which is a great radio it stands up to MIL-SPEC standards and keeps on trucking.

SCPD

QRT
Montz816 said:
also we do use the M/A Com LPE-200 and the older radio that was referred to is the G/E MRK which is a great radio it stands up to MIL-SPEC standards and keeps on trucking.

or keeps on 'trunking'

RaymondRenteria

Premium Subscriber
needing an ericsson lpe200 900mhz program or clone

I live in the Kyle area and would be happy to set you up but the only other question would be what type of radio you have?

Hey I live in Kyle as well,and I bought an Ericsson 900mhz lpe200 off of ebay,I'm not sure if u know how to program it, I know there's a way to clone from one radio to the other, is there a way u can help me out, oh and I also bought an Ericsson Orion mobile base radio that has a built in desk top. My email is mustan78666@yahoo.com please let me know if u can help me out.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Montz wouldn't be able to help you without potentially risking his job (as far as I know).

If you'd like to talk about programming your LPE200, send me a private message. I have no experience with the Orions.

Status
Not open for further replies.