Hays County Law Enforcement Numbering Scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I will be in the area and want to monitor Hays County Sheriff and local PDs and some FDs. Does anybody in the area know how the Sheriff's Department, including patrol and jail, are numbered? Also, is the Jail on VHF as the database states, or are they on the LCRA system? Thanks all.

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
I haven't really payed all that much attention, but I believe they are the 2100's and 2200's (someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) I haven't heard any traffic yet, but others have said they heard jail traffic on 155.970 (old ch 2)

As far as FD's. Kyle uses the 200's and apparatus are 20's
Buda is 300's and apparatus 30's
S Hays uses 100's

RenMan51

rattlerbb01 said:
I will be in the area and want to monitor Hays County Sheriff and local PDs and some FDs. Does anybody in the area know how the Sheriff's Department, including patrol and jail, are numbered? Also, is the Jail on VHF as the database states, or are they on the LCRA system? Thanks all.

The pre-load on my new 396T says they're in the LCRA EDACS/n system:
Hays County SO 02-141
Hays County SO 02-127

I'm not from that area, so let me know (pm) what other folks you want to listen in on, and I'll see if I can help.

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
RenMan51 said:
The pre-load on my new 396T says they're in the LCRA EDACS/n system:
Hays County SO 02-141
Hays County SO 02-127

I'm not from that area, so let me know (pm) what other folks you want to listen in on, and I'll see if I can help.

Those talkgroups are no longer accurate. 02-141 was the Patch to the old VHF and 02-127 is a TSU talkgroup.

Follow this link to the correct talkgroups

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I am led to believe that they are 200's in the jail. I believe that they are the ones we hear in Grimes County in the last few months. The 155.970 repeater is also the input to our 154.800 repeater. Even though the PLs are different, when our guys key up, they get walked over by "Control to 275" and "273 you have two in the sallyport" That is partially why am interesting in monitoring the jail over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.