Hays County Live Feed Options

Which Hays County agency would you like to see hosted on an audio feed?

• Hays County Sheriff's Office

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • San Marcos FD + San Marcos/Hays County EMS

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Texas State University (pulled from the current feed as well).

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
For any residents of Hays County or users of Hays County audio feeds:

I'm looking at ya'll's interest for another audio feed. I should have all the necessary equipment soon (hopefully get it running this coming weekend). Let me know your opinions.

I'll probably decide the talkgroups myself though anyone can chime in if they have any requests.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Awesome feedback...

Looks like this is going to end up being a feed of HaysSO + the Hays County Common talkgroups. I'm going to go ahead and program in the KylePD/FD talkgroups as well as Hays County Fire in case an event happens...

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
The feed is now running. You can check it out here.

The feed is broadcasting the Hays SO Dispatch 1 & 2, as well as the Hays County Law Common 1-5 talkgroups and Hays County EOC.

The FD channels are usually hopping during wildfire season.

I have a sub-bank filled with Kyle PD/FD and another with South Hays FD, so when (not really an if situation) a grass fire breaks out I can easily support that as well.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for doing that. You provide a lot of good solid info on the area - thanks for that, too.

Bill,

Thanks for the kind words. I'll be looking to slowly add more feeds as I come across good scanner deals. If you have any suggestions I'd be open to them. BTW, let any friends you might have in the Hays County area know about these feeds and be sure to tune in when you come home (the Hill Country is always home whether it's your primary residence or not).

What do I enjoy about Texas Hill Country? Limestones and Live Oaks (the name of my imagined country band).

RobertD

Hays County Sheriff live feed.

Thank you for the Hays County Sheriff feed--it is much appreciated since I live in Buda and my scanner cannot pick up their trunking frequency. Suggestions for new feed site: Lakeway Police Department and the Hudson Bend Fire Department in Travis County.

Thank you,
RobertD, 02/06/2010

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the Hays County Sheriff feed--it is much appreciated since I live in Buda and my scanner cannot pick up their trunking frequency.

Robert,

I've noticed that Buda has spotty coverage on the two sites nearest it (Cedar Valley and Creedmoor). I'll be getting a new radio soon that I'd like to test in Buda to see if it has better reception.

Last edited:

rasputen246

Wow, I met my wife at SWTSU . Do the girls still tube topless in the San Marcos river, they sure did in the 70's!!!
AH Texas......

Now I have to listen to your San Marcos feed.

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Wow, I met my wife at SWTSU . Do the girls still tube topless in the San Marcos riverV, they sure did in the 70's!!!
AH Texas......

Now I have to listen to your San Marcos feed.

The beautiful thing is that it is not illegal (until it offends someone- go figure).

I took Texas State (the University Formerly Known as Southwest Texas State University) University PD off my old San Marcos PD feed, they're pretty boring. But SMPD is bumping. I still get peak times between 10pm-2am usually.

rasputen246

T is for Texas, T is for Tennessee, and T is for something else on the San Marcos river, Yippiee!

RobertD

Thank you so much for the Hays County Sheriff feed--you are doing a great job and your technical expertise is much appreciated.

RobertD.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Well thanks Robert.

Thanks to the new hosting software from RR it's not too technical.

I have one more soundacrd (maybe 2 actually), but the only thing limiting me now is the plug room on my surge protectors. I've got a double outlet on either side of my desk with one surge protector on each. One spare socket on each outlet is occupied by my amateur rig's power supply and the other by my cpu. The surge protectors are filled with wall warts in about the best configuration I can find (these modern wall warts block an outlet on either side now). If not for that I'd like to add another feed in the future. We'll see what I can do.

Billknn

Premium Subscriber
Power strips

I have a couple of ac distribution strips - 4 ft long, I think, that I got at Fry's in Austin. Each strip has 12 outlets - nicely spaced. Give 'em a look next time you're up there. I use them for radios and computers.

BK

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I have a couple of ac distribution strips - 4 ft long, I think, that I got at Fry's in Austin.

BK

I've seen these and think they're exactly what I need. I like that they're rather low profile and could be secured against a baseboard or fastened to a wall. Thanks for the suggestion of Fry's.

RobertD

I'm looking at ya'll's interest for another audio feed. I should have all the necessary equipment soon.

I might be interested in purchasing one of your pre- programed- digital Radio Shack Scanner for the Hays County Sheriff feed-- DPS, and Lakeway Police Department for a fair price in excellent condition if one becomes available?
RobertD.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I'm looking at ya'll's interest for another audio feed. I should have all the necessary equipment soon.

I might be interested in purchasing one of your pre- programed- digital Radio Shack Scanner for the Hays County Sheriff feed-- DPS, and Lakeway Police Department for a fair price in excellent condition if one becomes available?
RobertD.

Robert,

I'm confused by the above post. Is the last paragraph a question, or are you stating you'd be interested in providing a feed for the RR community?

If you are interested in providing a feed you can look here for information. If you're asking about purchasing a scanner to provide a feed it might be better suited in the scanner forums on this site.

If you are interested in providing a feed, send me a private message and we can discuss your location and how we might be able to better serve this area.

SCPD

QRT
I voted for the SO - I prefer to hear Sheriff's Office over Fire and other stuff any day. Hey I listen to your feed up here when My internet is working, So I think my vote counts .... Slap in so DPS too ...

Dude - They tube topless on the Trinity river too - Topless tubing is a Texas thang!

RobertD

My apology --I was just trying to get some help up-grading to a better pre-programed Hays County digital scanner--I did not know the correct procedures or protocol.

RobertD.

Status
Not open for further replies.